A Collett’s Hut to Hut Holiday
In a nutshell
- Choose the itinerary that takes your fancy from superb options in the Italian Dolomites, Austrian Alps & French Pyrenees.
- 2, 3, 4 & 7 night itineraries available.
- Itineraries for most fitness levels: easier moderate – moderate – moderate/hard – hard.
- You choose your arrival date between mid June & mid/late September.
- We book the accommodation for each night of your trek.
- We provide comprehensive route notes and maps.
- Airport transfers are available on certain days – see factsheets on relevant webpages.
- Most itineraries can be tagged on to the start or end of a Collett’s centre-based walking holiday.
- You carry your own kit between huts.
- Accommodation in guest houses or village hotels is included on one or two itineraries.
“An excellent hut to hut holiday. The trip notes provided were thorough and easy to follow but best of all were your hut to hut team who were extremely helpful and a credit to Collett’s. The hike itself was demanding but well worth it with some of the best scenery that I have ever seen.“
Grand Tour of the Alta Badia – Ian Longworth, Macclesfield, Cheshire
Self Guided Hut to Hut in the Dolomites, Austrian Alps & French Pyrenees
Choose from 5 spectacular itineraries
A Collett’s ‘Hut to Hut’ holiday is a welcome overdose of self-guided walking amidst awe-inspiring mountain scenery, mixed with the special experience of overnighting in mountain huts interspersed at high and medium level. Using our comprehensive route notes, you will follow trails that link, climb and traverse the major mountain groups, occasionally descending into the valleys before heading off again into the next massif.
On the whole, each day ends at a hospitable mountain hut, an extraordinary vantage point, from which you can watch the sunset on the surrounding peaks and massifs. The huts are welcoming and hospitable; they come with well-earned liquid refreshment, the camaraderie of other walkers, an excellent dinner, a good night’s sleep and a generous breakfast to set you on your way again. We provide airport transfers four days a week in the Dolomites and the Pyrenees* – and twice weekly transfers (Saturdays & Mondays) in our Austrian destinations. Using our extensive knowledge of the mountains, we have created itineraries that will give you inspired experiences that live with you forever. Most walkers opt for 7 night itineraries but we have also included some 4, 3 & 2 night treks. Some itineraries are quite challenging, whilst others will suit the more intermediate walker. Choosing which one to do will be the challenge! (*In the French Pyrenees we only offer inbound airport transfers)
We are here to remove all the hard work from the planning process, leaving you to simply enjoy the trek! At the planning stage, we offer factsheets for each of our routes which give a brief day by day description of what to expect, along with figures indicating height gain and distance covered each day. We are available to chat with you over the phone about the characteristics of each route in order to help you decide which itinerary might suit you best. Once you settle on your preferred route we make the relevant reservations at the huts – and then, nearer the time, we send you a detailed route guide printed on waterproof paper for you to use on your chosen itinerary. We also supply all of the relevant 1:25,000. About 10 days prior to your trip, we will be in touch via email to touch base and answer any last minute queries and supply any further fine details.
To make an enquiry click here. Or call us on 01799 513331 if you require help, information or advice.