We (Collett’s Ltd.) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our booking conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis how any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data, and how we’ll treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Collett’s Mountain Holidays, 3a Market Hill, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1HQ.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and use the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you don’t have to respond to them
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information that you request us to forward to another person including but not limited to addresses for brochure requests and details of proposed holiday requirements.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our webmaster. This is data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and doesn’t identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that’s transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Performance cookies; Google Analytics etc.
- These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Registration/Members login cookies
- These cookies are used to track which visitors are signed in to the Members only area of the website so that these visitors do not have to enter their password for every Members only or admin page they visit.
- These cookies are used to remember choices visitors have made including for example, remembering that a visitor has previously entered information in an online form.
- These cookies are usually set by a third party in order to ensure a visitor gets shown a random, varied list of travel offers on each page they visit.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet isn’t completely secure. Although we’ll do our best to protect your personal data, we can’t guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we’ve received your information, we’ll use our reasonable endeavours to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you’ve consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you’re an existing customer, we’ll only contact you by electronic or paper means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. We will only contact you by email if you have given us express permission. Likewise, we will only send you a brochure if you have requested a copy previously.
We do not permit third parties to use your data.
If you don’t want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Collett’s Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- If we’re under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Collett’s Ltd., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We’ll inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Collett’s Mountain Holidays, 3a Market Hill, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1HQ. Please mark your correspondence for the attention of the Data Controller.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our Members, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we don’t accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access personal information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Another wonderful holiday with Colletts. This was our second holiday in Corvaro but our first time in Chalet Angelo and we were very pleased with both the location and the facilities.
The staff make the holiday: they are so welcoming and have everything so well organised. The hosts (skiing) were brilliant as usual and, given that(Read more...)
We have stayed with the company before. We would be reluctant to book with anyone else as we find the whole experience with Collett's outstanding
The entire experience with Collett's is second to none, I find it difficult to put into words just how wonderful everything is. We are made to feel so very welcome and quickly feel we are(Read more...)
This is the 5th time I've stayed at Chalet Angelo but the 1st time I travelled alone! I was slightly apprehensive but I needn't have worried, the staff and other guests made me feel very welcome. The guided ski days are the main attraction for me and I wasn't disappointed. Many thanks Colletts once again for a brilliant ski holiday, I'll be back.
As always, the Colletts' Team excelled themselves - great company, great guiding (and even great driving skills on a snowy return journey!). Thanks to all of you - both in Arabba and back in Saffron Walden.
Sue, my wife, and I have just returned from a week’s holiday in Ciasa Roch, Corvara. We both had a terrific time and Petra and Erica the owners of the B&B were simply terrific as were Dani, Cameron, Alex and Danny from Collett’s.
We have in fact now re-booked Ciasa Roch for Christmas along with 6 friends as we just simply loved the (Read more...)
We stayed at chalet Brigitte on b&b basis
Great idea enabling us to casually socialise with staff & guests.found staff very helpful & flexible especially with regard to skiing itineraries based on weather /snow & guests abilities
A fantastic holiday from start to finish, stunning scenery,super skiing & guiding, fabulous food, wine & company. Our appetite is whetted for the ski safari next.
Everyone I speak to is friendly, helpful and well informed.
We had a VERY snowy trip from Corvara on our departure and we thought our driver was superb and told him so.
Dinner at Grand Fanes was very good. We all very much enjoyed the salad bar each evening. A number of us couldn't manage four courses so had just a starter or ju(Read more...)
Could I ask that you please send on my sincere thanks to Tom personally and all the team for another splendid holiday in Corvara. This is our 10th trip with Collett's and we have enjoyed this as much as ever made all the more special given a three year gap. It is a delight to be able to ski such a lovely area we know so well with all (Read more...)
I've been using Collett's for 8 years now, always at Haus Valentin, and every single holiday has been brilliant without fail.
Special mention to the staff at Haus Valentin who as usual were exceptional. Nothing was too much trouble and they were a a real credit to themselves and an asset to Collett's.
Third time with Collett's after a few years' break and it was as great an experience as I remember from 2 previous holidays in the Dolomites. Thanks to all the staff who looked after us so well - not only the Collett's hosts in resort, but also the support staff with whom I corresponded before the trip. Also thanks too to the staff of(Read more...)
Have travelled with Collett's before and hope to do so again. The experience of being a client of Collett's is excellent and I will continue to recommend you!
Fantastic holiday thanks. We booked at a late date for Badia, so chalet rooms were not available, but the Hotel Melodia was excellent. We walked more than snow-shoed, and found excellent information from the local tourist office which highlighted the fact that there are many trails suitable for walking with or without “Yak-Tracks” in (Read more...)
The Collett's team at Haus Valentin were very professional, very hard-working, and very nice people. They (seemingly) effortlessly made the place and the activities enjoyable, safe and entertaining. Haus Valentin was comfortable, warm and clean; and the food at breakfast and dinner was fresh and varied. The location, whilst off the ma(Read more...)
The best skiing in 20 years. Superb slopes with incredible scenery. The ski safari gave tremendous variety of locations over a wide area of the Italian Dolomites and introduced us to new friends. Accommodation varied in standard from pleasant rifuggios up on the mountains to good hotels. Evening meals varied from good to superb. (Read more...)
Another great ski holiday with Colletts!
Many thanks to Cam, Dani and the whole team at Corvara for making our holiday simply amazing. From start to finish their attentiveness and knowledge made sure that everything ran smoothly from timely transfers, arranging lift passes, providing local knowledge/recommendations to arranging great(Read more...)
We consisted of a group of 19, with 8 adults and 11 children aged 7-17, spread across 3 adjacent chalets in Arabba. The holiday was perfect in all ways. The Collett's staff were wonderful, an asset to your company- always really friendly, knowledgeable and helpful, seemed to love their job.
The location of the chalets was perfect, a(Read more...)
Yes, but is is a shame that Ryanair have changed their flight times so we were unable to get the free transfer. Luckily you kindly arranged new transfers.
We had a great skiing holiday with Collett's last year and this made us want to return.
Your staff are a real asset, nothing was too much trouble and they were great with our (Read more...)
As Angelo was booked, we were unsure where best to stay (in Corvara or Badia), the guy in the office was really helpful on the phone. Chalet staff were all wonderful, very welcoming!
Would have preferred dinner a little later (7.30 or 8pm) as sometimes a rush when you only get back at 5.30 and office hour is 6pm and dinner 7pm. Als(Read more...)
The holiday was fantastic and chalet & ski-ing amazing. The guiding (which we didn't technically have!) was also top quality and a new standard has been set by Jack who located and arranged our skis, ready for us to jump on to, by the time we emerged from our lunch stop. This was despite 3 of us interchanging skis then placing them in(Read more...)
Another wonderful holiday at Chalet Angelo in Corvara!...............it's like a home away from home.
Wonderful service, great hospitality, lovely food and such a friendly atmosphere.
Thank you Team Angelo..............I'll be back!
Skiing in the Dolomites has exceeded expectations. This was our second year with Collett's. The whole package is excellently executed - a good standard of accommodation at Chalet Angelo, great food from Brendon and the outstanding team led by Mike and Emma.