We (Collett’s Ltd.) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our booking conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis how any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data, and how we’ll treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Collett’s Mountain Holidays, 3a Market Hill, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1HQ.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and use the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you don’t have to respond to them
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information that you request us to forward to another person including but not limited to addresses for brochure requests and details of proposed holiday requirements.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our webmaster. This is data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and doesn’t identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that’s transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Performance cookies; Google Analytics etc.
- These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Registration/Members login cookies
- These cookies are used to track which visitors are signed in to the Members only area of the website so that these visitors do not have to enter their password for every Members only or admin page they visit.
- These cookies are used to remember choices visitors have made including for example, remembering that a visitor has previously entered information in an online form.
- These cookies are usually set by a third party in order to ensure a visitor gets shown a random, varied list of travel offers on each page they visit.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet isn’t completely secure. Although we’ll do our best to protect your personal data, we can’t guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we’ve received your information, we’ll use our reasonable endeavours to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you’ve consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you’re an existing customer, we’ll only contact you by electronic or paper means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. We will only contact you by email if you have given us express permission. Likewise, we will only send you a brochure if you have requested a copy previously.
We do not permit third parties to use your data.
If you don’t want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Collett’s Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- If we’re under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Collett’s Ltd., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We’ll inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Collett’s Mountain Holidays, 3a Market Hill, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1HQ. Please mark your correspondence for the attention of the Data Controller.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our Members, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we don’t accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access personal information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
The GR11 Hike was challenging, as I wanted, and was truly amazing. Joe and Rachel looked after us in a very relaxed way, became part of the team, but did everything needed.
I'll be looking for my next Collett's walk soon
Great customer reviews and professional online presentation! We are very happy with the services in regards to the money being spent for the trip.
Excellent location, good value, excellent staff knowledge, freedom to do what you want, excellent experience last year , good organised walks, friendly, well organised.
We're repeat customers and enjoy the holidays Collett's offer. Office Hour is one of the key strengths of Colletts. It works well and always addresses our needs. Your staff are always excellent, friendly and attentive. They seem to enjoy the work they do and it shows. They take an avid interest in their guests and consequently guests (Read more...)
Angus, Caroline, Ali and Charlie did a great job and it was a pleasure to spend time with them. The staff were particularly skilled at managing the group diversity and ensuring all walkers were looked after. Lovely hotel with very helpful and caring staff.
We love your service model that is so flexible, especially joining from Aust(Read more...)
My wife Sarah and I have just returned from a fantastic trip to Ehrwald and enjoyed some fantastic mountain walking and klettersteig.
The whole Collett's team were incredibly friendly and knowledgeable on the activities in the area and we can`t thank them enough for their input, and making our trip so good despite some poor weathe(Read more...)
Every part of our hut to hut trip was fantastic. Collett's is a highly professional company that truly cares about their guest's experience from start to finish. I will definitely use this company again in the future.
Collett's organised a stunning hut to hut walk for us in the Dolomites. The scenery was incredible and we loved staying up high in the mountains. We'll be back.
Without exception your staff were professional, knowledgeable enthusiastic and friendly. From start to finish they made our holiday extremely enjoyable. Thank you to all the team. We would not hesitate to recommend Collett's to others and are keen to holiday with you again in future
We enjoyed our ski trip to Arabba so much and having read your brochure we decided that a walking holiday was a definite summer holiday. In the meantime we had also booked another ski trip to Arabba in February 2018.
WW1 walks were excellent but weather cancelled our first one and hence we felt we missed out. John's talks were trem(Read more...)
Hotel Panorama did us proud, but for vegetarian options they are still learning (of their own admission), but they were very attentive and willing to adjust dishes to suit. They could make more use of pulses, but otherwise, were brilliant :-)
The hire of the full walks folder for a 50 Euro deposit was absolutely brilliant, and help(Read more...)
I love mountains and look for an excuse for a mountain getaway. On researching on google for mountain escapes in the Europe I came across this website and was stuck on to it since last 2 years now.
We made this trip with our 2 boys Siddhant & Dhruv aged 8 and 6, they were the only 2 youngest members in the walking group and they pr(Read more...)
After seeing a picture of the Dolomites, I just started googling. I came across Collett's and it just looked good. I liked the communal aspect of eating together and this was probably the biggest reason I chose Collett's, that and the fact they could cater for gluten free. Of course hiking with like minded people was great. Also havin(Read more...)
Had a super time in Corvara . The choice of walks was great both guided and self walks. Information given at office hour at Chalet Angelo was comprehensive and all the "guides" we're extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the walks and local area. Walks were fun and some amazing views and refugios for lunch. Packed lunches were goo(Read more...)
We enjoyed it so much last year and the flexibility of being able to arrive and depart on any day we chose. All the walks we went on were wonderful and we did not repeat a single one - over 10 days - that we did last year! We are also keen cyclists (living in a hilly area!) and hired bikes locally both this year and last and went out (Read more...)
Collett's was just wonderful: in a busy work and travel schedule, they allowed us to show up and just hike! They took care of all the details and made sure we were well-prepared. Accommodations were great and staff were so friendly! I also love that the staff are enthusiastic adventurers themselves, professional, and so much part of y(Read more...)
The staff were friendly. I enjoyed one organised walk and was advised on others. A good service. Hotel Madrisa was very comfortable and the staff friendly . I enjoyed the church bells but others may not.
We loved Matrei and were very impressed with the Hotel Hinteregger. As ever Collett's attention to detail, information and support in planning helped make the holiday.
What really made the holiday though were the organisers. Collett's certainly know how to pick them. Special thanks to Ali, Charlie, Caroline and Angus. We were welcome(Read more...)
Collett's provided an excellent venue to stay in Corvara. The staff friendly and helpful and the food very good. The office hour prior to the evening meal was very useful, allowing guests to compare notes and share ideas. The opportunity to arrive and depart on the days of one's choosing a big bonus.
Fantastic organisation. The staff were excellent and obviously enjoyed working for Collett's. Danny and Cameron run a great ship. We will miss their high vis walking gear.
Your Collett's hosts were great as always - very knowledgeable and helpful and good fun. Dominic was mature and measured beyond his years and his brother was great company.
We found Collett's on Google and it sounded a friendly company, so we made further enquiries.
Staff very helpful and knowledgable. If I can mention Tom in particular, who was helpful,supportive and encouraging on both the guided walks we went on. If it hadn't been for him, we probably wouldn't have gone on either and we are so gla(Read more...)
An excellent stay at El Fondon Appartment - Collett's staff were friendly and welcoming. Their advice for walking was informative and useful for our needs.
Erwald staying at hotel Sonnenspitze . Great place really helpful staff and very knowledgeable. Our week was very wet but still found lots of things to do, Erwald is a wonderful place with lots to do for everyone. Hotel was great, lovely food. We really like Colletts holidays, all the helpful walking and climbing information is great,(Read more...)
My daughter and I have nothing negative to say about Collett's Mountain Holidays.
From start to finish, everything was well organised and the staff without exception,were helpful, friendly and welcoming.
We would not hesitate to book with yourselves again, should we choose to go on another walking holiday in the future.
Thank yo(Read more...)
I had such a lovely 2 days with Collett's - the venue, the accommodation, the organisation and the people were so nice. It was just what I needed - thank you
You had accommodation in the Dolomites - an area of Italy we had visited before on a trek. we wanted a centre based walking holiday and you could offer it.
Staff were extremely helpful at Office Hour and couldn't have been more so. Laminates were detailed but maps would have been better slightly larger - and I have good reading sig(Read more...)
We have holidayed with you several times now and find your standard of accommodation combined with the activities available and the insider knowledge of your staff means that we know we will have the holiday we hope for all winter.
The Dolomites are undeniably an area of outstanding natural beauty and the weather was very kind to u(Read more...)