We (Collett’s Ltd.) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our booking conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis how any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data, and how we’ll treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Collett’s Mountain Holidays, 3a Market Hill, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1HQ.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and use the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you don’t have to respond to them
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information that you request us to forward to another person including but not limited to addresses for brochure requests and details of proposed holiday requirements.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our webmaster. This is data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and doesn’t identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that’s transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Performance cookies; Google Analytics etc.
- These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Registration/Members login cookies
- These cookies are used to track which visitors are signed in to the Members only area of the website so that these visitors do not have to enter their password for every Members only or admin page they visit.
- These cookies are used to remember choices visitors have made including for example, remembering that a visitor has previously entered information in an online form.
- These cookies are usually set by a third party in order to ensure a visitor gets shown a random, varied list of travel offers on each page they visit.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet isn’t completely secure. Although we’ll do our best to protect your personal data, we can’t guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we’ve received your information, we’ll use our reasonable endeavours to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you’ve consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you’re an existing customer, we’ll only contact you by electronic or paper means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. We will only contact you by email if you have given us express permission. Likewise, we will only send you a brochure if you have requested a copy previously.
We do not permit third parties to use your data.
If you don’t want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Collett’s Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- If we’re under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Collett’s Ltd., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We’ll inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Collett’s Mountain Holidays, 3a Market Hill, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1HQ. Please mark your correspondence for the attention of the Data Controller.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our Members, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we don’t accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access personal information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A splendid week with the "Dream team" - Mick, Caroline and Cameron and a lovely bunch of fellow walkers adding lively conversation and much laughter, we could not have asked for more. Not forgetting Gustavo, the beautiful scenery, flora and fauna, perfect weather and fantastic cuisine!
A big thank you to all concerned, Rosie and Alis(Read more...)
Eastfield Lodge is a hidden gem, which should not be a secret. We were made welcome from the moment we arrived and were entertained through our stay. Penny is a leader and makes sure every one of her charges is comfortable with the walks at all times. Henry and his team kept us watered and fed each day at the highest quality and quant(Read more...)
This is the second winter holiday I have booked at the Chalet Haus Valentin and both have been very enjoyable. The staff are very well trained, personable and put the client first. I was nervous about taking up skiing again, after a long time, but so glad I did. Jane and Sonny were particularly supportive, but all of them were great. (Read more...)
The lack of snow meant we could do some walks in the north that I hadn't done before - Longiaru Valley, Maureberg Summit and Wengen Wanderweg and these really made the week. The Collett's staff were, as always, friendly, warm, helpful and really really nice young people, a delight to meet. The Wengen Wanderweg day will stay with me fo(Read more...)
All staff without exception excellent and able to converse with all clients and very helpful
May be useful if staying in Badia to have a bus to Corvara for the longer skiing trips (Hidden Valley/Marmolada etc) in order to reduce time to get to the main ski area, but staff were flexible on the bus pickup points when they could and c(Read more...)
I made a late enquiry which was handled quickly and courteously by your staff.
The cooking at Haus Valentin has become noticeably more adventurous - moving from 'good home cooking' towards competent restaurant standard.
I recognise that the accompanied skiing outings are inevitably determined by the particular group of guests in(Read more...)
We had another truly wonderful holiday with Collett's and won't hesitate to book again. All the staff at Chalet Angelo were extremely helpful and very caring. Sophie very kindly lent me her ski poles when mine disappeared from the drying room. Caroline, Charlie, Emma, Sophie, Mike, Dan and Brendan are all lovely people. Thank you very much.
The staff were super - really helpful, fun and knowledgeable, nothing was too much trouble and they worked really hard to make our stay a memorable one.
Considering the snow conditions were not ideal, I really enjoyed the week. The helpfulness and enthusiasm of the chalet staff and the conviviality of evening meals,etc was great. Skiing in the mornings was good but deteriorated in the afternoon and was tiring if we had to go a long way back to Badia.
As a result, I decided to have 4(Read more...)
From the information it appeared that there was complete flexibility to join in or self guide. As very independent travellers more used to being inour motorhome on the continent doing our own thing this appealed to us. The hosted chalet also appealed as it again was a far more relaxed environment and atmosphere rather than being in a (Read more...)
We had our second wonderful holiday with you. This year at the Panorama in Corvara and we could not fault a thing. All the Collett's staff that we met were so friendly, helpful and reliable. We will be back !
The staff at Haus Valentin in Alta Baddia were outstanding in every way. They literally made the holiday and I have never experienced this kind of service before. Highly recommend Jack, Jane, Sam, Adam, Jo, Alison(Sunny) they really are awesome. Thank you!
Really enjoyed the Collett's hospitality. The ski guiding was brilliant and allowed us to explore so much of the Dolomiti ski area. Thank you Arabba team.
I've always been happy with the service received from the team - it's good that a company are still willing to reserve rooms awaiting confirmation of numbers. This was my groups fourth visit to Chalet Angelo and were made very welcome as usual.
I'm not a "foodie" so it generally doesn't matter to me, but my group and even I found t(Read more...)
Absolutely great team at Chalet Angelo - very friendly, helpful and enthusiastic young people. They all did an outstanding job. Chef did superb dinners, every evening - I would recommend the chalet and Collett's services without a doubt! We have already booked again for next year!
We've just returned from Chalet Angelo in Corvara and are able to report another outstanding experience, characterised by the usual light touch dedication of the Collett's team and the sociability of our fellow guests, almost all of whom are serial returners. Thank you to everyone involved.
I have nothing but praise for the whole administration - emails are always responded to quickly and efficiently as are phone calls.
This was our sixth visit to Chalet Verena and as always we had a wonderful stay. You choose your staff very well and we have always met up with at least two from previous visits which shows how well yo(Read more...)
Our first holiday with Colletts and we were not disappointed. We felt really well looked after by the hard working staff. Nothing was too much trouble. Particularly noticeable was the sense that they really worked as a team and were enjoying themselves. We travelled with two friends but soon found ourselves mixing in with all the othe(Read more...)
This was our 3rd ski trip with Collett's in Corvara, Italy.
We had a great holiday which lived up to expectation. How Collett's manage to select their staff is a mystery to me, they are so good, friendly and go that last mile to give you wonderful service. I would not hesitate to recommend Collett's to my friends, and will certainly do so.
We have traveled with you in the past & so knew what to expect. The other hotel guests tended to be like mind individuals & so 'mixing in' is easy & effortless.
All of the team at Haus Valentin were great but Sam needs to be identified as outstanding & a credit to you.
Meals as usual in chalet Angelo were absolutely brilliant. I was really glad of the meal Brendan made on Sunday lunchtime before the ambulance picked me up because I didn't get home until 3.30am.
I wanted to try the winter experience with Collett's and liked the whole idea of skiing with people of similar ability. In a similar way (Read more...)
We felt really well looked after by the hard working staff. Nothing was too much trouble. Particularly noticeable was the sense that they really worked as a team and were enjoying themselves. We travelled with two friends but soon found ourselves mixing in with all the other guests. This was largely due to the first class ski hosting (Read more...)
Back office support prior to departure was as excellent as the last time we travelled with Collett's. Also, payment via the portal was simple.
Allowing self-caterers to join in Office Hour is a real plus point. Completely satisfied last time we stayed with you in Corvara.
Repeat booking previously excellent service - The staff were the best I have ever encountered in a ski chalet. It was also nice to meet Jenny from Colletts, holidaying in the same chalet, after I had made enquiries with her initially to book my holiday. My room was exactly as described and everything was excellent. Nothing was too muc(Read more...)
Despite the apparent lack of snow this year in the area, all the runs were open and all lifts operating. We were well looked after by all the staff and had 6 days of great skiing.
The staff at Haus Valentin were amazing last week. They looked after us all so well - nothing was too much trouble. Sam and Jack even fixed up my luggage which had been damaged en route !!
The quiz night was the best of fun - they put their heart and soul into it and got everyone involved.
A brilliant holiday and I hope to (Read more...)