We (Collett’s Ltd.) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our booking conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis how any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data, and how we’ll treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Collett’s Mountain Holidays, 3a Market Hill, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1HQ.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and use the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you don’t have to respond to them
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information that you request us to forward to another person including but not limited to addresses for brochure requests and details of proposed holiday requirements.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our webmaster. This is data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and doesn’t identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that’s transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Performance cookies; Google Analytics etc.
- These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Registration/Members login cookies
- These cookies are used to track which visitors are signed in to the Members only area of the website so that these visitors do not have to enter their password for every Members only or admin page they visit.
- These cookies are used to remember choices visitors have made including for example, remembering that a visitor has previously entered information in an online form.
- These cookies are usually set by a third party in order to ensure a visitor gets shown a random, varied list of travel offers on each page they visit.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet isn’t completely secure. Although we’ll do our best to protect your personal data, we can’t guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we’ve received your information, we’ll use our reasonable endeavours to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you’ve consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you’re an existing customer, we’ll only contact you by electronic or paper means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. We will only contact you by email if you have given us express permission. Likewise, we will only send you a brochure if you have requested a copy previously.
We do not permit third parties to use your data.
If you don’t want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Collett’s Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- If we’re under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Collett’s Ltd., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We’ll inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Collett’s Mountain Holidays, 3a Market Hill, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1HQ. Please mark your correspondence for the attention of the Data Controller.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our Members, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we don’t accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access personal information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Collett's is an excellent company and its staff are a credit to it. They manage to combine friendliness and professionalism in a very engaging way. The company has obviously grown significantly since we last used it (16 years ago!) but it retains the flexibility which has always been its USP. We would love to come back to the Dolomite(Read more...)
Offered flexibility of dates, accommodation and offered transfers to the Dolomites.Liked the personal approach when I phoned - no call centre.
Thank you for a lovely holiday. The staff you employ are all excellent and enthusiastic.
An excellent well-organised company with friendly helpful staff at head office and at the resort. We could not have wished for a better holiday and would highly recommend Collett's.
Been with you before and enjoyed the way things work, the staff and the company of fellow walkers. You should be very proud of what you do and the way your staff deliver your product.
We travelled by train from Innsbruck . The journey is very pretty . The taxi you recommended was at the station to meet us .
Danni met us at the hotel and made us feel most welcome.
The website enabled us to make an informed choice . The holiday exceeded our expectations. We wanted guided walks from one centre . The scenery and l(Read more...)
We stayed with Colletts in a hosted chalet in Arabba 10 years ago with our daughters, 5 days at base and 3 nights hut to hut walking. I think it was our best family holiday ever. We thoroughly enjoyed our week in Corvara. All the staff went out of their way to make it a great holiday. Thank you!
'Office Hour' was very good with a chance to plan the next days walk and meet up and socialize with your fellow travellers.I thought it worked very well just planning out each day the night before. The staff were really good and friendly to all.
The staff in the Panorama hotel were very friendly and welcoming. It had a very warm an(Read more...)
We loved Hotel Panorama in Corvara and can happily say it is the best hotel we have stayed in (there have been a few over the years!). The staff and service was outstanding!
We were not specifically booked for Wildflower / WW1 walks, but these were easily catered for during a number of our walks. So we were very happy.
Just a bi(Read more...)
Wildflower walks. Very flexible unlike doing a similar thing with another company. We did go on every flower week available during the 2 weeks but it's nice knowing it's not automatically expected.
Hotel Panorama was a first class hotel. All the staff were so pleasant & obliging. The shuttle service to / from Corvara available from the hotel was excellent. A lovely family atmosphere. The food was a gastronomic adventure - outstanding.
This was our first holiday with Collett's Mountain Holidays. We stayed in The Hotel Panorama in Corvara, In The Dolomites. We had a fabulous time, both enjoying everything the hotel had to offer and the varied guided walks. We will certainly be back next year!
We were greeted at the resort by the Collett's team, who were very friendly and welcoming. Arrangements at Hotel Sabocos were all fine.David led the flower walks really well and he was very enthusiastic and encouraging - nothing seemed too much trouble - Some good friends of ours recommended Collett's to us. We were looking for flower(Read more...)
Had an absolutely wonderful 4-night stay at Chalet Haus Valentin! Particularly grateful to Sonny and Beth for all their help. Unfortunately this trip I had prior plans and so didn't attend any of the guided walks, but would really want to join the next time I go. And I'm pretty sure that the next time I'm back in the region, I will st(Read more...)
The scenery was stunning and the walking was just right for us. The hotel was very comfortable and all the staff ensured we had a wonderful holiday. It was the best walking holiday we have done and worth coming all the way to Europe from Australia .
Just spent a week in Corvara being looked after by the ever helpful staff at Collett's. Everything went well during the week from the transfers to the accommodation (Tino 5 - great views lovely apartment) to the walks. Even when we went off by ourselves on the odd day the staff could not have been more helpful. Never felt any pres(Read more...)
It appeared Collett's had everything we required...and mostly did that. Variety of walks, no transport needed to do the walks, a personal service, transfer arrangements, small independent company that offers help and support throughout the stay as needed, the personal touch. Your staff are fabulous, warm, helpful, funny, full of energ(Read more...)
Friend recommended & you seem to provide a competitive comprehensive service which suited our needs. We did 6 day high route hut to hut so spent night in angelo arrival & verena at end. very impressed with all staff & facilities.
Collett's treats you like a member of the family - the friendliness and family dinner, where everyone eats the same meal at the same time, was a real pleasure.
Great holiday, staff great, location brilliant and looking forward to another Collett's holiday next year!
You offer flexibility - I wanted to walk two weeks in the mountains and other walking companies only seem to offer a week. As a Collett's rookie, I am very impressed by the model you use: flexibility, multi-activity, and particularly the calibre, enthusiasm and customer orientation of the young staff (many rookies themselves this seas(Read more...)
We couldn't have expected any more from the staff member, Jordon, who met us. He was courteous, informative, friendly, poured us a beer and seemed to have all the time in the world. We hadn't realised that he would be on hand for most of the day so hung around a bit in Corvara so that we weren't early. It appears that there are staff (Read more...)
Overall a superb first holiday with Collett's. Every member of the Erwald team was so supportive, their enthusiasm was infectious & it was a pleasure to be in their company.
Choice of guided walks, family feel of the company, ease of website and finding what I was looking for. The staff at Haus Valentin could not do more for us all. Wonderfully helpful, good company, excellent knowledge.
What a wonderful stay it was. All staff there were wonderful, but I'd specifically like to thank Josh, he was very p(Read more...)
We've been with Collett's many times and the way the holidays are run suits us all with our varied interests and abilities. The staff are always excellent and it's nice to see familiar faces sometimes!
Thank you for another excellent holiday! Fantastic staff, accommodation, food and scenery - what more could you ask for! Matrei, Er(Read more...)
Thanks to your staff and to the Hotel staff who were very helpful, warm and welcoming throughout our stay. We really enjoyed our stay in Matrei and the walks offered and the help and guidance given.
This is the third time we have travelled with Collett's. The flexible nature of your business model works very well for us in terms of length of stay, arrival date and time and variety of daily itineraries available. We also enjoy the sociable nature of your holidays. Your guides are always full of enthusiasm and are very professional(Read more...)