We (Collett’s Ltd.) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our booking conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis how any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data, and how we’ll treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Collett’s Mountain Holidays, 3a Market Hill, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1HQ.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and use the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you don’t have to respond to them
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information that you request us to forward to another person including but not limited to addresses for brochure requests and details of proposed holiday requirements.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our webmaster. This is data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and doesn’t identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that’s transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Performance cookies; Google Analytics etc.
- These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Registration/Members login cookies
- These cookies are used to track which visitors are signed in to the Members only area of the website so that these visitors do not have to enter their password for every Members only or admin page they visit.
- These cookies are used to remember choices visitors have made including for example, remembering that a visitor has previously entered information in an online form.
- These cookies are usually set by a third party in order to ensure a visitor gets shown a random, varied list of travel offers on each page they visit.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet isn’t completely secure. Although we’ll do our best to protect your personal data, we can’t guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we’ve received your information, we’ll use our reasonable endeavours to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you’ve consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you’re an existing customer, we’ll only contact you by electronic or paper means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. We will only contact you by email if you have given us express permission. Likewise, we will only send you a brochure if you have requested a copy previously.
We do not permit third parties to use your data.
If you don’t want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Collett’s Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- If we’re under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Collett’s Ltd., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We’ll inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Collett’s Mountain Holidays, 3a Market Hill, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1HQ. Please mark your correspondence for the attention of the Data Controller.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our Members, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we don’t accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access personal information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
The Pyrenees were stunning. Everything was well organised and thought out. The hotels were great. The Colletts staff were wonderful especially Jack. We've already booked another Colletts holiday for next year.
Sorry for the delay in replying. Thank you for arranging the accommodation at short notice, excellent hotel and staff in a very picturesque area. As some of the group I joined had been skiing numerous times they were able to arrange the walks so we did use your walking suggestions as we would otherwise have done. We all enjoyed our ho(Read more...)
I cannot praise enough you selection of resort staff. They are sociable, knowledgeable and long-suffering. Congratulations to your recruiting people.
Excellent previous holiday. Quality of previous years Collett's staff which was the same this year - General Comments: The strength of Collett's is the organisation and the wonderful staff.
We were made very welcome. We had a long and frustrating drive across the Brenner. Every need had already been thought out and we were quickly integrated into the group. All the smiling faces were very uplifting along with a dinner of comfort food and free flowing red wine.
I really felt staff had a good sense of our abilities and (Read more...)
All the team members in Ehrwald were really personable and natural in their communication socially and professionally. We appreciated the wealth of knowledge both of the area, but walking and nature generally that was generously shared. The group facilitation both in the evenings and on the walks was intuitive and easy.
Many of the(Read more...)
Have holidayed with you previously and we really appreciate the set-up, organised walks if you want to join, but plenty of other routes already scoped out for you if you don't! Cam, Dani & the team were outstanding throughout our stay- always had great ideas for us based on our fitness levels and what we wanted to do.
My daughter happened on Collett's and was enticed by the glorious mountain photographs of the Dolomites in your on-line brochure. We then discovered that a friend had stayed with you and gave a strong personal recommendation.
Extremely helpful and approachable. I felt I was dealing with real people who wanted me to enjoy my holiday(Read more...)
We have been twice before - to the Pyrenees and Dolomites. The staff have always made the holiday. We had already met Keith and Henry last year and we were pleased to see them again. All the team are great fun, easy to talk to and get along with and they have a whole range of interests which they can talk about on the walks.
We value the quality of relationship the staff have with clients. Everyone was very enthusiastic, knowledgeable and good at connecting and communicating. This was our fourth year and we have consistently been very appreciative of the quality of responsiveness, intimacy and flexibility that is, as far as we can see, the hallmark of Collett's.
Your staff are fabulous. We could not complain at all. Who ever interviews them has it just right. They were fantastic in 2013 again in 2016 and again this year. Super.
Had a fab holiday in Ehrwald. Dani, Cam, Alex, Elly and Jack were great hosts. Hotel room, food and service all first class. Great walks and stunning scenery.
Just a quick email to thank you and the team for organising our recent holiday in Northern Spain. From the beginning when Javier collected us for the transfer to Hondarribia and took the trouble to show us around San Sebastián, so we were able to make the most of extra time in San Sebastián on our return, we knew we would have a good (Read more...)
I was very impressed by the whole holiday especially the enthusiasm and support given by all the staff. The food was excellent as was the support given during the guided walks. There was the correct distinction between providing help and guidance when required whilst not dictating on your holiday plans and freedom of action. Being a h(Read more...)
A big thank you to all the team at Matrei, Caroline, Charlie, Ali and Angus. It was the last week of the season and not great weather but they kept us well looked after until the last minute with enthusiastic ideas and good company. A lovely holiday again!
Brilliant week amongst limestone massifs and green alpine meadows to accompanying chimes of cow bells.
Great company, enthusiasm and knowledgeable help from Dani, Cam, Jack, Elli and Alex at office hour, on guided walks and for self guided outings.
Love the personable and easy format of the office hour and walking as a group as we chose.
Office Hour - A good set up and your team were very knowledgeable and helpful regarding the walks on offer. Enjoyed a couple of very nice evening meals with the rest of the Collett's guests in hotel Hinterigger.
We found the team (Ali, Angus, Caroline & Charlie) to be very welcoming and engaging. All the Collett's team helped to ma(Read more...)
The team at the Picos were great, as usual you have selected your team very carefully and they all added to our enjoyment with their enthusiasm and intelligent conversation and knowledge.
We chose Collett's again because of previous good experiences.
Two of our group had damaged knees the week before coming, which limited us a bit and made walking slow. Staff were able to devise very enjoyable walks for us without appearing bored themselves. Hats off to them.
When asked to take us to the Ostirodelbahn in Lienz on ou(Read more...)
As a first timer on a walking holiday I had a fantastic time,learned a lot about my own abilities and learned from other walkers too. The staff at the chalet were both professional and warm, nothing was too much trouble. The location was great and I'm glad that the office staff guided me to this choice when I was trying to decide in e(Read more...)
We have walked with Collett's before in the Dolomites and thoroughly enjoyed that holiday and were attracted to the idea of the Collett's GR11 holiday in the Spanish Pyrenees too, as we'd never been there. It was fab!
Value for money? Definitely.
We were particularly taken with the care of us by the staff. On our last day, every(Read more...)
We liked the flexibility of group or non group walks and how many days you could book plus the location. Staff went out of their way to indicate if the trail had any unusual terrain that might make people uncomfortable. Guides were so personable at dinner. So interesting to talk with both at dinner and walks. We only went on one walk (Read more...)
The staff were absolutely excellent from the walk organising to the cleaning to the catering etc. We have been with you on 4 previous occasions and always enjoyed the experience. We don't see how the accommodation could have possibly improved! The dinner menu was excellent.
From arriving to leaving, the team at Ehrwald had been fantastic, under the leadership of Cam and Dani.
We did the moderate hut 6 day walk, and the advice from both had been great.
We had a great time overall and enjoyed the walking in all weathers, rain, sleet snow, and some sun! The team at Ehrwald are a credit to Collett's a(Read more...)