We (Collett’s Ltd.) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our booking conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis how any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data, and how we’ll treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Collett’s Mountain Holidays, 3a Market Hill, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1HQ.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and use the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you don’t have to respond to them
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information that you request us to forward to another person including but not limited to addresses for brochure requests and details of proposed holiday requirements.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our webmaster. This is data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and doesn’t identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that’s transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Performance cookies; Google Analytics etc.
- These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Registration/Members login cookies
- These cookies are used to track which visitors are signed in to the Members only area of the website so that these visitors do not have to enter their password for every Members only or admin page they visit.
- These cookies are used to remember choices visitors have made including for example, remembering that a visitor has previously entered information in an online form.
- These cookies are usually set by a third party in order to ensure a visitor gets shown a random, varied list of travel offers on each page they visit.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet isn’t completely secure. Although we’ll do our best to protect your personal data, we can’t guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we’ve received your information, we’ll use our reasonable endeavours to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you’ve consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you’re an existing customer, we’ll only contact you by electronic or paper means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. We will only contact you by email if you have given us express permission. Likewise, we will only send you a brochure if you have requested a copy previously.
We do not permit third parties to use your data.
If you don’t want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Collett’s Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- If we’re under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Collett’s Ltd., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We’ll inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Collett’s Mountain Holidays, 3a Market Hill, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1HQ. Please mark your correspondence for the attention of the Data Controller.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our Members, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we don’t accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access personal information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Thank you for helping make our ski trip so fantastic. Angus Katie Tom Chris and Rachel are a great team and couldn’t have looked after us any better!
Your offer of providing skiing and snowshoeing activities, which suits us perfectly. We had a great time on our holiday. The lovely staff were all wonderful - so friendly, helpful, cheerful, competent and caring. They accompanied us on some wonderful itineraries and it was always a treat to get back to the house after a great day out.(Read more...)
Had heard about you from a friend who had done summer walking, I was searching internet looking for ski week in Dolomites and noticed your website
Previous holidays with Collett's gave us the confidence to know that our holiday would be catered for in a way which suited our needs. The friendliness of staff and their willingness to help in whatever way we required was outstanding and really made the holiday. This included the welcome given by Petra and her family at Chalet Roch.
The ski safari which we went on was excellent. The Refugios were far better than expected and the food was good. The host with us on the trip was Angus, who worked exceptionally well with the instructor Alex and between them made the week a great success. The second week was at the Panorama, which was outstanding. The staff, food and (Read more...)
We had a great holiday. The Colletts staff were all very friendly, keen and engaging. Accommodation was fine and the options of taking part in colletts guided ski days, doing your own thing or a mixture of the two worked really well. Petra who runs the Casa Roch looked after us very well, food was copious and the ski hire although not(Read more...)
A fantastic introduction to Snow Shoeing thanks to the enthusiasm, knowledge and commitment of all your staff which includes the administration team as well as those at Chalet Valentin. My best ever activity-based holiday and I will definitely be coming back every year. The chalet team were absolutely brilliant and their attention to (Read more...)
We are skiers but we wanted to try snow showing and have the option to ski. As it was we loved the snow showing so didn't ski in the end. The quality of your website and how my initial enquiries were handled also impressed me.
We had a truly fabulous holiday. Collett's were outstanding and the chalet staff were so friendly, knowled(Read more...)
Previous experiences were Outstanding. Location is superb, holiday concept of join in or plan your own adventure suits us perfectly. Love the camaraderie in the hosted chalets.
Just keep on doing what you are doing - it works and we love it!
We had previously stayed 4 times at House Valentin so knew our way around without help from the staff who were busy with the others on the bus. We always enjoy office hour and the staff were available and didn't hesitate to answer queries and explain routes.We could not have wished for better ski hosting and routes, my best ski holida(Read more...)
Guiliano, the ski guide, gave us an excellent overview of the ski safari on the first evening and was very insistent that we ask him about anything at all that we needed to know.
All the accommodation and food throughout the ski safari was excellent. I would single out Albergo Alle Codole for their cuisine - a superb 6-course dinne(Read more...)
Excellent in every way. lovely chalet - we were at the top - huge room with good view over Corvara: worth the 2 flights of stairs to climb.
The staff ( Mike, Emily,Sonny, Jack etc) were marvellous and their unofficial leading was much appreciated and enjoyed. They were all great fun to be with - intelligent, empathic,helpful, fu(Read more...)
First winter trip to the dolomites. Excellent skiing, super staff and good food. Chalet Brigitte was comfortable, spacious accommodation and lovely breakfast. Good location too. 5 minutes to the slopes.
Chris, Rachel and Tom very helpful, great company, full of good advice about where to eat and ski.
Hotel Malita had good f(Read more...)
Enjoyed Haus Valentin as much as my last visit in 2013. Great atmosphere, nice accommodation and excellent food and wine. The Colletts team are so friendly and helpful which matters a great deal. A wonderful location also helps to make for a most enjoyable holiday. Thank you to our hosts and the Colletts team.
This was our third trip to Haus Valentin. As usual it exceeded all expectations.
The staff are so friendly,helpful and knowledgeable about the area.
The food, not forgetting the free flowing wine, was terrific. Certainly filled you up after a good day on the slopes.
The rooms were comfortable and warm. Could do with some big ha(Read more...)
Another brilliant skiing holiday with Collett's. The hosting around the mountains was excellent, Caisa Roch (the new chalet replacing Verena) was very comfortable, dinner each evening at the hotel was very good and the shuttle service to the slopes worked well. It was our third trip to Corvara with Collett's and we will be back for a fourth.
Superb second snowshoeing trip with Colletts. To receive such outstanding service from dedicated staff is why so many people return year on year. You really do have the winning holiday formula and we look forward to many more fabulous holidays with you.
Good value for money - Recommendation from a friend and wanting to travel to this area you seemed to be one of the only UK companies to have hosted chalets. One of the best skiing holidays we have ever had and completely loved this area of Italy.
We love Collett's holidays, everything is organised from lift pass to best ski run in the winter or most amazing hike in the summer.The staff teams everywhere we have stayed are unfailingly enthusiastic, helpful and knowledgeable. The office team make the booking and admin effortless. This was our third time at Haus Valentin, rooms an(Read more...)
We have travelled with you x 3 in the summer to the Dolomites so know the area and Collett's - we knew things would be well organised and that your staff would be friendly, informed and helpful.
Fantastic stay at Haus Valentin. The hosts were superb and the chalet was always very clean and tidy.
I booked my very first ski lesson whilst in Haus Valentin. It was efficiently organised for me, and I was helped to hire my equipment. Staff also showed me how to use equipment, and were more than happy to take me down to the Ski S(Read more...)
Love the down to earth approach. Always a great team and lovely like minded guests. And Corvara is a perfect base for skiing in the Dolomites
Very interested in hearing more about the walking holidays in Poland in 2019
We have had a couple of good summer holidays (Picos & Pyrenees) and love the Dolomites; the option of doing other winter activities besides skiing was very appealing; the photos on the Facebook page were what eventually seduced us into booking an extra winter holiday that we couldn't really afford, but it was the best ever, so well wo(Read more...)
Very helpful and informative. I returned to Haus Valentin after staying in the summer of 2016. Was wonderful to be back and be welcomed by Jane and Jack, such a lovely greeting and good to still see familiar staff members.
The food was really good, especially as I am a vegetarian, he does very well to do so many different choices a(Read more...)