Collett's Mountain Holidays - Booking Conditions
Please Note: Adequate and valid travel insurance is compulsory for all guests of Collett's Mountain Holidays. It is a condition of your booking that you agree you will have obtained adequate and valid travel insurance for your booking by your date of departure.
1. CONTRACT: Please read these booking conditions carefully as they, together with the specific information in your booking confirmation, form an important part of your contract with Collett's Limited (company number : 03467538 whose registered office is at Market House, 10 Market Walk, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1JZ) trading as Collett's Mountain Holidays.
2. PRICES: We reserve the right to alter any of our advertised prices. Our brochure prices were set on 25 October 2017, and the reference exchange rate was 1.121 (as published by the Financial Times). You will be advised of the current price of the holiday that you wish to book before your contract is confirmed.
3. SUPPLEMENTS: We reserve the right to apply a supplement to your holiday after you have booked in the event of increases to the costs of supplying your holiday, which might result from changes in transport and accommodation rates, currency fluctuations and government action. Supplements will not be applied within 30 days of your arrival date. All prices quoted are fully inclusive of non optional charges.
4. MAKING A BOOKING AND PAYMENT: When you have chosen your accommodation and you make a request to us to book it, you must pay a deposit of £100 (or £150 for our Ski Safari, Camino de Santiago and Hut to Hut holidays), or if you are booking within 8 weeks of your arrival date the full cost of the booking. Your booking is only confirmed and a contract between us will only exist when a) your party leader has ticked the box on our client portal confirming that they accept our terms and conditions; b) we have received in cleared funds a deposit of £100 or £150 (as appropriate) per person; and c) we have issued our confirmation by email. Please check your confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to us immediately.
5. FINAL BALANCES: If you have paid a deposit, the ‘final balance’ of the cost of your holiday is due 56 days (8 weeks) before departure. If the balance is not received on time, we will remind you that it is overdue. If you then do not pay within 7 days of this reminder we reserve the right to cancel your booking and retain your deposit. Payments by credit card made on or before 31 December 2017 will attract a credit card charge of 2%.
6. INSURANCE: It is essential that you take out adequate and valid insurance, which should include (without limitation) cover against the cost of cancellation by you, assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness, and third party liability for injury and damage. We recommend that your policy is as extensive as our recommended insurance policy, details of which can be found on our website. Insurance premiums in respect of travel insurance purchased from us are non-refundable and non-transferable.
7. BOOKING CHANGES: After our confirmation has been issued, any requests for changes must be sent to us in writing by e-mail or post, by the person that made the booking. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your request but we will try to do so. If you change the number in your party, the accommodation price will be re-calculated. If the party size is reduced, this is likely to mean the remaining members paying more due to under-occupancy.
8. CANCELLATIONS: If you want to cancel your booking, the person who made the booking must send this in writing to us, by email or post. You will be charged a cancellation fee as follows: If you cancel (this is the date on which we receive your written notice of cancellation during the hours of 9am to 5.30pm):
More than 57 days before your arrival date: deposit only;
Between 56 and 43 days before your arrival date: 25%;
Between 42 and 29 days before your arrival date: 50%; and
Within 28 days of arrival date: 100%
Charges are shown as a percentage of your total holiday cost (including any excursions).
9. YOUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR BOOKING: When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. This means that you are responsible for making all payments due, notifying us if any changes or cancellations are required and for receiving the confirmation and keeping your party informed.
10. OUR LIABILITY, CONDITIONS of CARRIAGE & LIMITATIONS: (a) Our obligations, in providing any accommodation or service included in your holiday, are to take reasonable skill and care to arrange for the provision of such accommodation or services. Therefore, providing we have selected our providers with reasonable care and skill, we will have no liability to you for anything that happens at the accommodation or any acts or omissions of the provider or other service providers. We will also have no liability in the following situations: (i) where the accommodation or services cannot be provided as booked due to circumstances beyond our control or which amount to "force majeure" (including, without limitation, terrorist activity, natural disasters and adverse weather conditions); (ii) where you incur any loss or damage that could not have been foreseen at the time of your booking, based on the information provided by you; (iii) where you incur any loss or damage that relates to any business activity; (iv) where any loss or damage relates to any services which do not form part of our contract with you. (b) Our liability, except in cases involving death, injury or illness, shall be limited to a maximum of 2 times the cost of your holiday with us. We shall have no liability where the cause of the failure to provide, or failure in, your holiday or any death or personal injury you may suffer is not due to any fault on our part or that of our agents or suppliers, because it is either attributable to you, or attributable to someone unconnected with your holiday and is unforeseeable or unavoidable, or is due to unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, or an event which neither we, nor our agents or suppliers could have foreseen or forestalled. We will only accept liability for negligent acts or omissions of our employees, suppliers, sub-contractors, servants or agents providing they were at the time undertaking work authorised by us. (c) Our liability will also be limited: in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to the contractual terms of the companies that provide us with third party services (such as transport) and these terms are incorporated into this contract; and by any relevant international conventions which apply to, or govern, any of the accommodation or services included in your holiday with us. Other than as set out above, and as is detailed elsewhere in these booking conditions, we shall have no legal liability whatsoever to you for any loss or damage.
11. ROOM ALLOCATIONS: All accommodation is allocated by us. We will not accept liability for any complaints based on one bedroom being deemed less attractive than another on account of its size, views, character and/or location. The provision of a bedroom with a balcony will only be guaranteed if a balcony is requested verbally at the time of booking by you, then, if available, in writing on the booking form and finally confirmed in writing by us. We reserve the right to change your accommodation, provided the accommodation allocated is of the same or superior category to that originally booked.
12. SPECIAL REQUESTS: Any specific requests by you, such as matters concerning diet or allergies, must be advised to us on the booking form. Whilst endeavouring to fulfil all such requests, we shall not be liable to you if we fail to do so.
13. IF WE CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR BOOKING: We reserve the right to change or cancel your booking. Subject to the note below, if we make a change and you don’t want to accept it, you can take any alternative accommodation we are able to offer you (you will pay the increase in cost if the replacement is advertised at a higher price than your original booking, or receive a refund of the difference if it is less expensive) or a refund of the money you’ve paid to us. This does not apply where the change is not material. Examples of non-material changes include, but are not limited to, temporary withdrawal of facilities or seasonal unavailability of amenities. Subject to the note below, if we have to cancel, again we may be able to offer you an alternative. If you accept it, you would pay the difference if it was advertised at a higher price than your original accommodation, or receive a refund of the difference if it was advertised at a lower price. Or we will refund the monies you have paid us for your accommodation. We will not be responsible to pay any compensation following a change or a cancellation by us. Any amendment or cancellation fees you incur in terms of other arrangements you have made with other providers under separate contracts are not claimable from us. Note: If a change or cancellation occurs because of circumstances beyond our control, for example war, riot, industrial dispute, actual or threatened terrorist activity and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, flood, epidemic or pandemic illness and all similar situations we will have no liability to you. No compensation, costs, expenses or any other sums, including the cost of securing alternative accommodation will be paid by us.
14. BEHAVIOUR: When you book a holiday with us, you accept responsibility for the proper conduct of all members of your party during your stay. We reserve the right at any time to terminate the stay of any party member(s) whose behaviour is such, in our reasonable opinion, as to cause or to be likely to cause danger, upset or distress to anyone else or damage to property. Full cancellation charges will then apply and no refund will be given. Furthermore, we shall be under no obligation whatsoever to pay compensation or meet any costs or expenses (including but not limited to alternative accommodation) you may occur as a result of your stay being terminated. In addition, you agree to fully reimburse any accommodation provider concerned for the cost of any damage you cause to the accommodation in which you are staying before the end of your stay if the cost has been established by then or as soon as it has been established if later. You must also indemnify us for the full amount of any claim (including all legal costs) made against us by the accommodation provider or any third party as a result.
15. FINANCIAL PROTECTION: The monies you pay to us for your holiday are protected by means of an ABTA bond provided by Travel & General Insurance Services Limited. This means that, if in the unlikely event of our insolvency your holiday can't be provided, you will receive your money back or, if your stay has started, arrangements will be made for you to be able to continue as planned.
16. DATA PROTECTION: Please be assured that we have measures in place to protect the personal booking information held by us. This information will be passed on to the principal and to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements. The information may also be provided to public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them, or as required by law. Our policy can be viewed at www.colletts.co.uk
17. ABTA: Collett’s Limited (trading as Collett’s Mountain Holidays) is a member of ABTA. When you book with an ABTA Member you can expect high service standards, fair terms of trading and accurate information. ABTA’s strict joining criteria for Members, code of conduct, customer helpline and approved Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme to resolve complaints are all there to give you confidence and peace of mind when booking your travel arrangements. For more information see www.abta.com
18. SKI SAFARI: Your guide, itinerary and accommodation shall be supplied by MSA srl trading as Arabba Holidays, for which Collett's Limited acts as an agent. Consequently each Ski Safari is neither run nor controlled by Collett's Limited and we are therefore not responsible/liable for its provision or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by Arabba Holidays. You therefore acknowledge that Collett's Limited acts as the disclosed agent of Arabba Holidays, and you agree that in the unlikely event that you need to make a claim, you shall make this against Arabba Holidays, and not Collett's Limited.
19. ANDALUCIA, CAMINO DE SANTIAGO & FRENCH PYRENEES HUT TO HUT: All transport, accommodation and food for these holidays are supplied by third parties (whose identities are available at www.colletts.co.uk/thirdparties), for which Collett's Limited acts as an agent. You therefore acknowledge that Collett's Limited acts as the disclosed agent of these third party suppliers, and you agree that in the unlikely event that you need to make a claim, you shall make this against the relevant third parties, and not Collett's Limited.
20. LIFT CLOSURES: We will not be held responsible for the closure of lifts during the winter season for any reason. In the event of lack of snow, we cannot be held liable, but will endeavour to make mutually suitable arrangements, and these may incur additional costs to you.
21. EXCURSIONS: Excursions or any other activities that you may choose to book or pay for prior to or whilst you are on holiday are not part of your holiday provided by us. This includes (without limitation) both the Guided Glacier Trek and Guided Summit Ascent which appear on our website - www.colletts.co.uk/glaciers - The decision to partake in any such activity is entirely at your own discretion and risk. For any excursion or other activity that you book, your contract will be with the operator of the excursion or activity and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the excursion or activity or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.
22. ACCURACY: (i) We make every effort to give accurate information in our brochure but cannot be liable to you in the event of changes, which occur after the brochure went to print, namely 25 October 2017; and (ii) Any view expressed in the brochure is the personal view of a member of our staff. Whilst our staff will express personal opinions based on first-hand knowledge of the resort, the final choice of holiday remains yours. We will not accept responsibility for any verbal statement made by a member of our staff unless it is confirmed in writing prior to the start date of your holiday with us.
23. COMPLAINTS: In the unlikely event of any dissatisfaction with the accommodation or any of the services provided during your holiday, the matter must be reported immediately to our resort manager who will endeavour to put things right. You should also try to find a solution whilst you're on holiday. Unless the opportunity for rectification of complaints is given to our resort manager whilst you are in the resort, we will not accept responsibility at a later date. We will not accept liability for complaints unless a complaint form has been obtained from the resort manager by you, and then completed and signed by both you and the resort manager. If we are unable to resolve the complaint satisfactorily during your stay, you should submit your complaint in writing, marked for the attention of Mr Tom Collett at 3a Market Hill, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1HQ within 28 days of the scheduled date of return from your holiday with us, advising us of the action taken and the names of the people to whom the matter was reported. We will not accept liability for complaints made outside this period.
24. DISPUTES: Any dispute or claim arising out of this contract that can't be settled between us can be referred by you to ABTA’s dispute resolution (see clause 17) or court.
25. JURISDICTION: You agree that the courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction and that English law shall apply.
26. FOREIGN & COMMONWEALTH OFFICE TRAVEL ADVICE: You should always check FCO advice on travel to the country you are visiting prior to travelling at https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
Guest Reviews & Testimonials
Thanks for another great week in the Dolomites. We will be back!
Another wonderful holiday with Colletts. This was our second holiday in Corvaro but our first time in Chalet Angelo and we were very pleased with both the location and the facilities.
The staff make the holiday: they are so welcoming and have everything so well organised. The hosts (skiing) were brilliant as usual and, given that our group size was small, were happy to adjust the programme to suit us all.
We have stayed with the company before. We would be reluctant to book with anyone else as we find the whole experience with Collett's outstanding
The entire experience with Collett's is second to none, I find it difficult to put into words just how wonderful everything is. We are made to feel so very welcome and quickly feel we are staying with friends rather than being on holiday. This is our third stay with Collett's and I think we would find it difficult to go anywhere else now.
Once again an impeccably delivered holiday by the team at Collett's, in particular the chalet managers Jack and Jane.
This is the 5th time I've stayed at Chalet Angelo but the 1st time I travelled alone! I was slightly apprehensive but I needn't have worried, the staff and other guests made me feel very welcome. The guided ski days are the main attraction for me and I wasn't disappointed. Many thanks Colletts once again for a brilliant ski holiday, I'll be back.