This holiday has been especially designed for intermediate walkers in search of handpicked medium and high level walks in the good company of others. The Pyrenees offers some of the most remote and wild walking of any of our destinations. Each day (except Thursday, your rest day) you will enjoy some of the best medium level walks in and around the Valle de Tena, returning to your accommodation base at the Hotel Sabocos in Panticosa.
All our walks are tried and tested gems and they include classic walks in both the Pyrenees National Park over the nearby border in France, as well as in the Ordesa & Monte Perdido National Park on the Spanish side. Our itineraries will regularly take in sections of both the GR10 and GR11. The holiday price includes 7 nights at Hotel Sabocos, buffet breakfasts, three course dinners with wine (6 nights), packed lunches (5 days), return transfers to and from Zaragoza – and all transport to and from the walks.
At a glance…
On a Collett’s Pyrenean Classics holiday, we do all the hard work, so you don’t have to. Booking is easy: choose your dates; contact us and we will confirm your holiday asap. Then relax and look forward to it, safe in the knowledge that every detail is taken care of – whether that be your airport transfers, hotel booking, packed lunches, daily transport to trailheads; or our comprehensive route notes and maps – its all covered !
18-25 Sep Saturday to Saturday
All Accommodation 7 nights in the 3* Hotel Sabocos, Panticosa
Breakfast each day
Packed luncheach walking day (5 days)
3 course evening meal, wine included 6 nights, not Thursday – your rest day
Detailed route notes
Transport to/from trailheads each walking day
Transfers to/from Zaragoza Airport or ‘Delicias’ Rail Station. Transfer times are based around the Ryanair flight from Stansted Airport to Zaragoza.
What's Not Included:
Flights & Insurance Lunch, dinner, transport and activities on your rest day – Thursday All other drinks & snacks
Transfers to/from Zaragoza Airport or ‘Delicias’ Rail Station. Transfer times are based around the Ryanair flight from Stansted airport to Zaragoza.
Or arrive in the Valle de Tena independently See Travel Tab above
Book With Confidence:
In uncertain times, booking with financial peace of mind is essential – as members of ABTA, our walkers have been doing this for over 23 years. In addition, our booking conditions are now more flexible than ever:
book now and pay your balance only 4 weeks before departure;
if you change your mind you can defer or change your holiday free of charge at any time up to 4 weeks before departure;
refund guarantee – If within 4 weeks of travel the FCDO advise against non-essential travel to your destination or there are restrictions in place in your destination that will significantly affect your holiday, you will be entitled to a refund;
Nestled high in the Valle de Tena in the Alto Aragón region of Spain is the charming village of Panticosa, a labyrinth of traditional stone built houses lining narrow streets around a 13th century Romanesque church. It is a tranquil mountain village, which has retained much of its old world charm, whilst providing for the modern day visitor with a handful of shops, bars and other amenities including an outdoor swimming pool. There is an easy-going pace of life and there is a certain charm to sitting with a drink at the café in the village square watching the world go by.
Significantly, it is surrounded by Spain’s westernmost concentration of 3000m peaks, each dotted with azure blue lakes and punctuated by high mountain cols. This makes Panticosa a superb springboard from which to venture out into this beautiful region. In July and August, a modern cable car whisks walkers and mountain bikers up to the delightful Asnos and Sabocos Lakes and to within a whisker of the imposing north face of the Sierra de Tendeñera.
Nearby, higher up in the cauldron of mountains, which tower above the village, is the historic Baños de Panticosa, a spa village fed by six mineral springs and said to have been frequented by the Roman emperor, Tiberius. We have chosen Panticosa as our base because it provides superb access to the GR11 with short journey times each day to the trail and Hotel Sabocos offers our guests a genuine ‘home from home’ to return to each evening
If you are a high level walker, we look forward to helping you explore the exhilarating trails that will make for some unforgetable days out. From Panticosa you can access many local classics, such as the awe-inspiring Ordesa and Monte Perdido UNESCO National Park, the Pic du Midi d’Ossau Circuit and the stunning peaks and trails above the Valle de Tena.
Panticosa lies in the glacial Valle de Tena, which is surrounded by a ring of high mountains. To the south-west and south-east, the vast limestone walls of the impressive Sierra de la Partacua and the Sierra de Tendeñera rise abruptly, whilst looming large to the north-west and north-east are the mighty granite peaks of the frontier ridge.
Consequently, the Valle de Tena boasts an entertaining mix of landscapes: from the relatively flat pasture lands of the Col du Pourtalet with its gentle meandering streams; past the striking crimson rocks of the Vértice and Pico de Anayet, both the remains of old volcanic chimneys, standing guard over the idyllic Ibones de Anayet lakes below; on to the great mountain lakes of Brazatos, Azules, Bachimaña and Respomuso and the high granite peaks and rocky cols in and around Balaïtous and the Picos del Infierno.
Whilst predominantly the domain of the mountaineer, the Sierra de Tendeñera and Sierra de la Partacua, provide spectacular backdrops to our easier walks, which traverse their lower slopes and feature gentle cols, secondary peaks and beautiful lakes, such as the enchanting green blue lakes of Sabocos and Asnos high above Panticosa and the exquisite Lake Escarra, best viewed from the Collado del Pacino.
Just ten minutes away by car is Sallent de Gállego, which nestles quietly below the looming Peña Foratata, and Baños de Panticosa. Both these villages represent the start and end of a range of scenically splendid walks along scarcely trodden paths, which enticingly disappear deep into the rugged upper valleys of the range.
Walking near the Pic du Midi
The Pic du Midi d’Ossau stands just on the French side of the range and is probably the most recognisable peak in the entire Pyrenean range. From miles around you can see the distinctive twin peaks of volcanic rock, which rise dramatically above a small collection of lakes and high meadows.
The Pic du Midi is one of the classic landmarks of the Pyrenees and, with its numerous walking itineraries, it is a magnificent area to explore on foot. You can access this from Panticosa on a short drive that takes you across the border at the Col du Pourtalet, where the Valle de Tena meets the Vallée d’Ossau.
We believe the best view of the Pic du Midi d’Ossau is from the Lacs d’Ayous and the Refuge d’Ayous.
Ordesa is home to the uniquely dramatic rock cornices known as ‘fajas’, high altitude balconies of stone formed over millions of years. Along them cling sensational walking routes of varying exposures, providing walkers at every turn with adrenalin fuelled views of the canyon and its many magnificent fairytale waterfalls.
Any Questions? Speak to someone with extensive knowledge of our walks and destinations.
Call 01799 513331 or enquire here or use the messenger service – bottom right.
The Pyrenees is rich in great day walks, many of which have become favourites of ours. Please note that what follows below is the intended itinerary but the exact programme may differ slightly, maybe as a result of trail conditions or adverse weather.
We will collect you from Zaragoza and transfer you to the delightful Hotel Sabocos, our base in Panticosa, high in the Valle de Tena. This will be your ‘home from home’ during your stay. After a quick check-in, you can settle into your room. Dinner will be served in the restaurant at 8pm, over which a short briefing will take place.
A fabulous ‘first day’ walk just a short drive from Panticosa in the heart of the Valle de Tena, to help you find your walking legs, orientate yourself and settle in to your week in the Pyrenees. This circular walk boasts extensive views from Punta del Pacino, summit of the Valle de Tena, the imposing Sierra de la Partacua and the numerous 3000m peaks, which make up the Franco‐Spanish border ridge north of the vibrant village of Sallent de Gallego.
An excellent circular walk to the picturesque and idyllic lakes of Ibones de Anayet, which are nestled below the deep crimson slopes of the Vértice de Anayet. You will enjoy amazing views across the abyss-like ‘Canal Roya’ and the frontier ridge towards the iconic Pic du Midi d’Ossau in France
Camino de las Cascadas – up to 19km, 500m ascent/descent
A classic walk through delightful forests of beech, pine and fir along the floor of the Ordesa canyon visiting its many magnificent waterfalls. Idyllic riverside picnic spots await you in the open pastures near to the impressive ‘Circo de Soasa’ from where stunning views of the canyon’s 1,000m cliffs can be enjoyed. This is a ‘there and back’ walk, so its length and ascent/descent can be adjusted to suit.
Faja de Petazals – 12.5km, 600m ascent/descent
This spectacular balcony shelf walk along the northern edge of the Valle de Ordesa provides walkers with great views of the abyss valley below, the near vertical southern slopes of the canyon, and the impressive and ‘off the beaten track’ Circo de Cotatuero.
You are free to have a well-deserved lie-in (breakfast is served until 10am) and to spend the day relaxing in Panticosa. Perhaps take a dip in Panticosa’s outdoor pool (open in July & August), or visit the 4* spa at Baños de Panticosa. We can also give you details of a couple of short walks from the door. On Wednesday night we can help you arrange taxi shares should you want to visit the spa or explore the Valle de Tena on a longer self-guided walk.
This is a classic ‘must-do’ Pyrenean walk, taking in numerous lakes and enjoying superb views across to the iconic Pic Du Midi d’Ossau and Pic Casterau. This walk provides wonderful changes of scenery from a wooded forest of beech to open flatlands with a meandering river. For those in search of a shorter walk, there is also the option to complete a ‘there and back’ walk to Refuge Ayous, nestled above one of the lovely lakes on this circuit.
A high altitude walk to the Embalse Bachimana to finish on, which offers stunning views across Banos de Panticosa and towards the Sierra de Partacua whilst also providing walkers with an insight into the remote mountain wilderness that symbolises the Spanish Pyrenees. Refreshment awaits you at Refugio Bachimana perched high in the Spanish Pyrenees with stunning views.
Any Questions? Speak to someone with extensive knowledge of our walks and destinations.
Call 01799 513331 or enquire here or use the messenger service – bottom right.
Hotel Sabocos, Panticosa
A delightful 3* Hotel high in the Valle de Tena
Our main base and “home from home” is the delightful 3* Hotel Sabocos which is a short stroll from the village centre. It is run by our good friends, Abelardo and Pia, who we have been working with for 12 years now, and who go to great lengths to ensure you are happy and comfortable. Indeed, it is rare to see them without a friendly, accommodating smile and this epitomises the warm and welcoming character of the hotel. You are certain to enjoy its relaxed and stress-free atmosphere.
The hotel provides modern, comfortable and immaculately clean accommodation in en suite bedrooms, many with balconies enjoying absorbing mountain views.
You are sure to love its spacious first floor lounge, where each evening (except Wednesdays) we hold Office Hour. This room characterises the warm hospitality you can expect here – lots of comfy armchairs and sofas arranged in cosy alcoves; bookshelves, chess and card tables; and french windows to a large terrace with majestic views. It is the perfect place to relax with a book or to sit with friends over a post-walk drink. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel.
The hotel’s café-bar opens onto a sun-drenched terrace with views to the stunning cliffs of the Sierra de la Partacua. This is often the first port of call for returning walkers in need of refreshment! In the hotel’s pleasant dining room guests of Collett’s enjoy together a delicious (typically Spanish) three course dinner (with wine included) six nights a week – not Wednesdays.
Any Questions? Speak to someone with extensive knowledge of our walks and destinations.
Call 01799 513331 or enquire here or use the messenger service – bottom right.
Getting to Panticosa is easy
Closest airports – Zaragoza or Lourdes, but consider Toulouse and Barcelona also
Transfers from Zaragoza Airport & Delicias Railway Station are included (see below) – 2hrs
Fly drive or self drive
On a Collett’s walking holiday you travel to us independently. You can arrange your travel now or after you have booked your holiday. Please contact us if you need help or advice. Most guests fly to Zaragoza and join a Collett’s transfer to Panticosa. Others drive from the UK or arrive by public transport. The choice is yours. Either way, you will be warmly welcomed on your arrival.
Transfer times are based around the Ryanair flight from Stansted airport to Zaragoza.
£80 return per person
Reductions for parties of more than 4
Private Airport Transfers Zaragoza or Lourdes Journey Time: 2hrs
Approx. €180 each way for up to 8 people
Please contact us to book with as much notice as possible.
Fly-driving via Zaragoza, Lourdes, Toulouse or Barcelona
This affords you complete flexibility during your stay and on your days of travel. It also allows for scenic drives and visiting places of interest at leisure. Free parking available. Scroll down to ‘Car Hire’ below for a quote
Drive from the UK via Northern Spain or France
Relax and unwind on a Brittany Ferries crossing to Northern Spain (24 hours) from Portsmouth or Plymouth
Allow 4 -5 hours from Bilbao by car.
10% Discount available with Brittany Ferries – contact us for details.
Free parking available.
Fly-driving is popular and most of our guests choose this option. Having a car in the mountains gives you complete flexibility during your stay and also on your days of arrival and departure.
Collett’s have teamed up with AutoEurope so that you can search the web for car hire quotes from all the big name brands (as well as some of the lesser known local suppliers), at some of the most competitive prices available anywhere on the internet.
We have also teamed up with Worldwide Insure who can offer you Excess Reimbursement Insurance from only £2.50 per day, click here to find out more.
Please contact us on +44 1799 513331 or email an enquiry here if the content below leaves you with any unanswered questions.
Your own Collett’s Portal – Soon after you book your holiday, you will have access to your own online portal, via which we provide everything you need to know in the run-up to your holiday: packing suggestions, arrival instructions etc. You can also upload information to your portal, such as dietary requirements, special requests and travel details. We want you to hit the ground running when you arrive at the start of a plain-sailing and memorable holiday experience.
Terrain – way-marked paths which can be steep, rocky and loose underfoot. Some short sections are very steep and may be considered by some to be exposed. Previous hiking experience, surefootedness, a good head for heights and a good level of fitness are essential. If you are in any doubt whether this holiday is suitable for you, please call the office on 01799 513331 or email an enquiry here and we will be happy to discuss the route in more detail with you.
Breakfast & Dinner – breakfasts in Hotel Sabocos are generous and buffet-style and you will definitely leave each morning feeling refuelled. Dinner is ordered from a set menu, usually with at least 2 choices for each course. Expect typically local cuisine, ideal for days out on the mountain. For vegetarians and other dietary needs, there will be less choice and variation, but every year it gets better.
Your Midweek Rest Day – Thursday is our day off in the Pyrenees, a midweek rest day for you. There are no organised walks, nor Office Hour. Breakfast is served as normal. Dinner is not provided and guests have an opportunity to eat out locally. Our team will be happy to propose a local restaurant and make a booking on your behalf, if invited to do so.
Transport during your holiday – This is arranged by Collett’s as necessary and included in the price of your holiday.
At Your Own Risk – Please scroll down to read notes under the heading – At Your Own Risk. These are important and refer to our organised walks and to any walks proposals we might give you, either verbally or through our ‘Ideas & Info’ files.
Special Dietary Requirements & Severe Allergies – It is important you tell us about any special dietary requirements (vegetarian, gluten free etc.) when you book your holiday. Please only tell us about requirements, not preferences, as most hotels, particularly smaller establishments, can only cater for essential requests. If you have a ‘severe food allergy’ that represents a health threat of any sort, we strongly recommend that you are carrying the necessary medication during your holiday with us.
Walking Holiday & Travel Insurance – We recommend you buy a good insurance package at the time of booking (or certainly prior to purchasing flights or booking ferries etc.), so that you are covered in the unlikely event of you having to cancel for an ‘insurable’ reason. For more information on Walking Holiday & Travel Insurance – Click here
You join us on our organised walks at your own risk, responsible for your own safety, as part of an autonomous group, in which each member has a duty of care to each other.
You will be asked to sign a disclaimer in this respect. This is an explanation of the status of our organised itineraries whether they involve walking, snowshoeing or skiing. We refer to such itineraries as organised, not guided. They are available on a basis of goodwill so that you might enjoy an itinerary you might not otherwise discover. They are nothing more than an opportunity to go out in beautiful scenery in company. It is a fact that mountains, mountainous areas and activities undertaken in them are associated with personal injury and death. By coming to such areas, you are exposing yourself and your party to the possibility of personal injury or even death. In such an event, Collett’s will not be held responsible for your interest in mountainous areas and your involvement in mountain pursuits, which can occasionally have tragic consequences.
In these days of litigation it is important you know that every time you (and each member of your party) join us on an organised itinerary you do so at your own risk as part of an autonomous group, in which each member of that group has a duty of care to the other. This is no different from the responsibilities you have on a casually arranged weekend walk with friends or family in the UK. Our hosts all have experience of the mountains, some more than others. Some have qualifications relevant to mountain activities, but they are not qualified mountain guides. We recruit and train our outdoor staff in line with a Health & Safety Policy, which is based on risk assessment and recognised mountain safety procedures.
Not being professionally responsible for you on organised itineraries does not mean we ignore safety, nor does it make us exempt from owing a duty of care to each person who joins us on an organised itinerary. Your safety is paramount and we therefore take our own measures to maximise safety. We do this in line with legal requirements pertaining to duty of care. We apply Codes of Practice to the procedures carried out by our outdoor staff. We assess, manage and communicate risk. We try to make people aware of the importance of mountain safety and to highlight their responsibilities when part of a group.
Our Codes of Practice should not really be taken into consideration by you when deciding to join an organised itinerary, for at the heart of our procedures are basic mountain safety measures, which should be undertaken by every individual when preparing for a day in the mountains. Finally, during your stay you act at your own risk on any ideas, information and opinions you might acquire from our hosts or from material prepared by us to help you get the most from the area. Thank you for your understanding on all of the above.
1. CONTRACT: Please read these booking conditions carefully as they, together with the specific information in your booking confirmation, form an important part of your contract with Collett’s Limited (company number : 03467538 whose registered office is at Market House, 10 Market Walk, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1JZ) trading as Collett’s Mountain Holidays.
2. PRICES: We reserve the right to alter any of our advertised prices. Our prices were set on 31 October 2020, and the reference exchange rate was 1.159 (as published by the Financial Times). You will be advised of the current price of the holiday that you wish to book before your contract is confirmed. All prices quoted are fully inclusive of non-optional charges.
3. SUPPLEMENTS: We reserve the right to apply a supplement to your holiday after you have booked in the event of increases to the costs of supplying your holiday, which might result from changes in the cost of fuel or other power sources, accommodation costs, costs of compliance with local rules and laws, exchange rate fluctuations and/or government action (including changes in any levels of taxation such as VAT). Supplements will not be applied within 20 days of your arrival date.
4. MAKING A BOOKING AND PAYMENT: When you have chosen your accommodation and you make a request to us to book it, you must pay a deposit of £100 (or £150 for our Ski Safari, Camino de Santiago, Kitzbuhel to Cortina, Mountains to the Med, and all Hut to Hut holidays), or if you are booking within 4 weeks of your arrival date the full cost of the booking. Your booking is only confirmed and a contract between us will only exist when a) your party leader has ticked the box on our client portal confirming that they accept our terms and conditions; b) we have received in cleared funds a deposit of £100 or £150 (as appropriate) per person; and c) we have issued our confirmation by email. Please check your confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to us immediately.
5. FINAL BALANCES: If you have paid a deposit, the ‘final balance’ of the cost of your holiday is due 28 days (4 weeks) before departure. If the balance is not received on time, we will remind you that it is overdue. If you then do not pay within 7 days of this reminder we reserve the right to cancel your booking and retain your deposit.
6. INSURANCE: It is essential that you take out adequate and valid insurance, which should include (without limitation) cover against the cost of cancellation by you, assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness, and third party liability for injury and damage. We recommend that your policy is as extensive as our recommended insurance policy, details of which can be found on our website. Insurance premiums in respect of travel insurance purchased from us are non-refundable and non-transferable.
7. BOOKING CHANGES: After our confirmation has been issued, any requests for changes must be sent to us in writing by e-mail or post, by the person that made the booking. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your request but we will try to do so. If you change the number in your party, the accommodation price will be re-calculated. If the party size is reduced, this is likely to mean the remaining members paying more due to under-occupancy.
8. CANCELLATIONS: If you want to cancel your booking, the person who made the booking must send this in writing to us, by email or post. You will be charged a cancellation fee as follows: If you cancel (this is the date on which we receive your written notice of cancellation during the hours of 9am to 5.30pm):
More than 28 days before your arrival date: deposit only; Within 28 days of arrival date: 100% Charges are shown as a percentage of your total holiday cost (including any excursions).
9. YOUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR BOOKING: When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. This means that you are responsible for making all payments due, notifying us if any changes or cancellations are required and for receiving the confirmation and keeping your party informed.
10. OUR LIABILITY, CONDITIONS of CARRIAGE & LIMITATIONS: (a) Our obligations, in providing any accommodation or service included in your holiday, are to take reasonable skill and care to arrange for the provision of such accommodation or services. Therefore, providing we have selected our providers with reasonable care and skill, we will have no liability to you for anything that happens at the accommodation or any acts or omissions of the provider or other service providers. We will also have no liability in the following situations: (i) where the accommodation or services cannot be provided as booked due to circumstances beyond our control or which amount to “force majeure” (including, without limitation, global pandemics, terrorist activity, natural disasters and adverse weather conditions); (ii) where you incur any loss or damage that could not have been foreseen at the time of your booking, based on the information provided by you; (iii) where you incur any loss or damage that relates to any business activity; (iv) where any loss or damage relates to any services which do not form part of our contract with you. (b) Our liability, except in cases involving death, injury or illness, shall be limited to a maximum of 2 times the cost of your holiday with us. We shall have no liability where the cause of the failure to provide, or failure in, your holiday or any death or personal injury you may suffer is not due to any fault on our part or that of our agents or suppliers, because it is either attributable to you, or attributable to someone unconnected with your holiday and is unforeseeable or unavoidable, or is due to unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, or an event which neither we, nor our agents or suppliers could have foreseen or forestalled. We will only accept liability for negligent acts or omissions of our employees, suppliers, sub-contractors, servants or agents providing they were at the time undertaking work authorised by us. (c) Our liability will also be limited: in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to the contractual terms of the companies that provide us with third party services (such as accommodation and transport) and these terms are incorporated into this contract; and by any relevant international conventions which apply to, or govern, any of the accommodation or services included in your holiday with us. Other than as set out above, and as is detailed elsewhere in these booking conditions, we shall have no legal liability whatsoever to you for any loss or damage.
11. ROOM ALLOCATIONS: All accommodation is allocated by us. We will not accept liability for any complaints based on one bedroom being deemed less attractive than another on account of its size, views, character and/or location. The provision of a bedroom with a balcony will only be guaranteed if a balcony is requested verbally at the time of booking by you, then, if available, in writing on the booking form and finally confirmed in writing by us. We reserve the right to change your accommodation, provided the accommodation allocated is of the same or superior category to that originally booked.
12. SPECIAL REQUESTS: Any specific requests by you, such as matters concerning diet or allergies, must be advised to us on the booking form. Whilst endeavouring to fulfil all such requests, we shall not be liable to you if we fail to do so.
13. IF WE CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR BOOKING: We may occasionally have to make changes or cancel your booking and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Changes If we make a major change to your holiday, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure. You will have the choice of accepting the change of accommodation, or you can take any alternative accommodation we are able to offer you (you will pay the increase in cost if the replacement is advertised at a higher price than your original booking, or receive a refund of the difference if it is less expensive), or a refund. These options don’t apply for minor changes. Examples of minor changes include, but are not limited to, change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard, temporary withdrawal of facilities or seasonal unavailability of amenities. Cancellation We will not cancel your travel arrangements less than four weeks before your departure date, except for reasons beyond our control (also known as force majeure) or failure by you to pay the final balance. If your holiday is cancelled you can either have a refund or accept an offer of alternative accommodation of comparable standard from us, if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value). Any amendment or cancellation fees you incur in terms of other arrangements you have made with other providers under separate contracts are not claimable from us. Please note that if a change or cancellation occurs because of circumstances beyond our control, for example as a result of the UK’s decision to leave the European Union, war, riot, industrial dispute, actual or threatened terrorist activity and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, flood, epidemic or pandemic illness and all similar situations we will have no further liability to you. No compensation, costs, damages, losses, expenses or any other sums, including the cost of securing alternative transport or accommodation will be paid by us.
14. BEHAVIOUR: When you book a holiday with us, you accept responsibility for the proper conduct of all members of your party during your stay. We reserve the right at any time to terminate the stay of any party member(s) whose behaviour is such, in our reasonable opinion, as to cause or to be likely to cause danger, upset or distress to anyone else or damage to property. Full cancellation charges will then apply and no refund will be given. Furthermore, we shall be under no obligation whatsoever to pay compensation or meet any costs or expenses (including but not limited to alternative accommodation) you may occur as a result of your stay being terminated. In addition, you agree to fully reimburse any accommodation provider concerned for the cost of any damage you cause to the accommodation in which you are staying before the end of your stay if the cost has been established by then or as soon as it has been established if later. You must also indemnify us for the full amount of any claim (including all legal costs) made against us by the accommodation provider or any third party as a result.
15. FINANCIAL PROTECTION: The monies you pay to us for your holiday are protected by means of an ABTA bond provided by Travel & General Insurance Services Limited. This means that, if in the unlikely event of our insolvency your holiday can’t be provided, you will receive your money back or, if your stay has started, arrangements will be made for you to be able to continue as planned.
16. DATA PROTECTION: Please be assured that we have measures in place to protect the personal booking information held by us. This information will be passed on to the principal and to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements. The information may also be provided to public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them, or as required by law. Our policy can be viewed at www.colletts.co.uk
17. ABTA: We are a Member of ABTA, membership number W6883. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We can also offer you ABTA’s scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. If we can’t resolve your complaint, go to www.abta.com to use ABTA’s simple procedure. Further information on the Code and ABTA’s assistance in resolving disputes can be found on www.abta.com. You can also access the European Commission Online Dispute (ODR) Resolution platform at https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. This ODR platform is a means of notifying us of your complaint; it will not determine how your complaint should be resolved.
18. SKI SAFARI: Your guide, itinerary and accommodation shall be supplied by MSA srl trading as Arabba Holidays, for which Collett’s Limited acts as an agent. Consequently each Ski Safari is neither run nor controlled by Collett’s Limited and we are therefore not responsible/liable for its provision or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by Arabba Holidays. You therefore acknowledge that Collett’s Limited acts as the disclosed agent of Arabba Holidays, and you agree that in the unlikely event that you need to make a claim, you shall make this against Arabba Holidays, and not Collett’s Limited.
19. CONDITIONS OF SUPPLIERS : Many of the services which make up your holiday are provided by independent suppliers. This is particularly relevant to all our “Point to Point” holidays where your transport (unless provided by us), accommodation and food will be supplied by third parties (whose identities are available at www.colletts.co.uk/thirdparties) and for whom Collett’s Limited acts as an agent. You therefore acknowledge that Collett’s Limited acts as the disclosed agent of these third party suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions which will form part of your contract with us. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier’s liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from us or the supplier concerned.
20. LIFT CLOSURES: We will not be held responsible for the closure of lifts during the winter season for any reason. In the event of lack of snow, we cannot be held liable, but will endeavour to make mutually suitable arrangements, and these may incur additional costs to you.
21. EXCURSIONS: Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your package holiday or contracted arrangements provided by us. All excursions are supplied by third party suppliers and are subject to their own terms and conditions. They do not form part of your holiday and are not governed by the Package Travel, Package Holiday and Package Tours Regulations 1992. For any excursion or other tour that you book, your contract will be with the operator of the excursion or tour and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the excursion or tour or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.
22. DELAYED TRAVEL: Collett’s can take no responsibility for repercussions concerning delayed flights or other travel arrangements. If your flight, bus or train is delayed, your allocated transfer will wait for up to 60 minutes – but no longer. We cannot wait any longer because our drivers are on time limits. So, if the delay exceeds 60 minutes, we either (1) allocate you to a later Collett’s transfer free of charge subject to seats being available or (2) in the event of there not being a later transfer, we will endeavour to book you a taxi transfer, although this will be at your expense. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding in the event of your transfer being delayed due to the delayed flight of other guests.
23. PASSPORT, VISA & IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS : Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
24. ACCURACY: (i) We make every effort to give accurate information on our website but cannot be liable to you in the event of changes, which occur after information has been published on the website; and (ii) Any view expressed on the website is the personal view of a member of our staff. Whilst our staff will express personal opinions based on first-hand knowledge of the resort, the final choice of holiday remains yours. We will not accept responsibility for any verbal statement made by a member of our staff unless it is confirmed in writing prior to the start date of your holiday with us.
25. COMPLAINTS: In the unlikely event of any dissatisfaction with the accommodation or any of the services provided during your holiday, the matter must be reported immediately to our resort manager who will endeavour to put things right. You should also try to find a solution whilst you’re on holiday. Unless the opportunity for rectification of complaints is given to our resort manager whilst you are in the resort, we will not accept responsibility at a later date. We will not accept liability for complaints unless a complaint form has been obtained from the resort manager by you, and then completed and signed by both you and the resort manager. If we are unable to resolve the complaint satisfactorily during your stay, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to Tom Collett at 3a Market Hill, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1HQ giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. We will not accept liability for complaints made outside this period. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. If you fail to follow the requirement to report your complaint in resort we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify it and this may affect your rights under this booking. Please also see clause 17 above on ABTA.
26. DISPUTES: Any dispute or claim arising out of this contract that can’t be settled between us can be referred by you to ABTA’s dispute resolution (see clause 17) or court.
27. JURISDICTION: You agree that the courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction and that English law shall apply.
29. WEBSITE DISCLAIMER:The information contained on www.colletts.co.uk (‘our website’) is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Collett’s Mountain Holidays and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to our website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on our website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of our website. Through our website you are able to link to other websites which are not under our control. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep our website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, our website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Any Questions? Speak to someone with extensive knowledge of our walks and destinations.
Call 01799 513331 or enquire here or use the messenger service – bottom right.
Pyrenees – Classics
Robin and Diana Rayner
August 3, 2015
We wanted a holiday in the mountains at a time of year when there would be a good range of flowers in bloom. We liked the idea of moderate walking in view of our ages and levels of fitness. The hotel was very good and the owners were friendly and helpful. Your team of "guides" were excellent, although we walked only with the two Claires.
The staff were fantastic and made the holiday. The fact that you could decide your own degree of involvement in group activities and doing your own thing, with advice from the team, was great. We would love to come with you again but unfortunately we have been to all your other destinations so may have to wait until you have new destinations before we come again. We'll definitely recommend y (...)
Family connection but really impressed with the set up - Office hour a great idea - Reps really welcoming and professional. Went above and beyond, even giving up day off to entertain other guests one evening.
We have had the most wonderful holiday walking the Pyrenean Peaks.
Cat and her team were all terrific and enthusiastic and keen to help us enjoy the Pyrenees as much as they do.
We certainly benefitted from their knowledge of the walks. It is impressive that they go and explore other walks/peaks on their day off.
Thank you very much indeed!
I wholeheartedly recommend this trip. The walks were varied & were challenging without being overwhelming. The scenery was breathtaking. Hotel Sabacos was comfortable & friendly & the evening meals were excellent, often local specialities & all made from scratch. It was a pleasure & delight to be looked after by Sandy, Jo & Ollie who worked so hard to ensure our group got the most from our s (...)
The flexible start & finish dates meant we could combine a walking holiday with some time elsewhere in the region. Having never been on a walking holiday we liked the fact that we could choose the level of walk to suit our capabilities.
All four staff were really great – well informed, good company, and able to motivate two normally less than enthusiastic teenagers! Been with you to the Dolomites and had a great time! We all had a fantastic time - please pass on our thanks to Will, Remy, Claire and Clare for being such lovely hosts!
We left the hotel at 10am which meant we were at the airport at midday. Our flight did not leave until 5pm. We were the only people in the airport for a couple of hours! Perhaps leaving the hotel could be made a bit later for later flight times if it were possible or at least giving warning that this would happen at the time of booking.
Your resort staff are the icing on the cake! Fantasti (...)
We were welcomed extremely warmly by Will – who couldn't have been more helpful. All 4 Members of staff (Will, Claire, Clare and Remy) were friendly, enthusiastic, helpful, careful and professional at all times. They were superb and we would like to thank them
Our second great holiday with Collett's (Pyrenees). Lots of positives - great hotel, great food, superb walks - but most praise is due to the fantastic hosts. They did a great job showing us the way on walks but also brilliant at entertaining our 14 year old son. Jack in particular stood out but all the hosts were lovely. We are already planning our next Collett's holiday.
Many things make this trip outstanding. The tricky but enjoyable central sections of the GR11, the mountains, the lakes, the marmots, the accommodation, food & wine. The group size of eight clients and four Collett's staff (I understand this is normally three) was also perfect. However the biggest single factor that made this trip outstanding was the Collett's staff - Flee, Jo, Olly & Sandy (...)
Booked with you before and always had a good time previously. I don't know where you manage to get your staff from but they are the friendliest, funniest, most helpful and relaxed group of people we've ever walked with. Thank you Ollie, Jo, Sandy and Flee for an amazing holiday.
Collett's was a recommendation from a colleague who had visited both Panticosa and Picos. In resort staff member (Ric) greeted us and made sure we had everything we needed. He was friendly, helpful and professional as well as being very knowledgeable.
Thank you to the great staff that made our week brilliant - Ric, Sam, Amanda and Caitlin - and of course the closely David at dinner!!
We thought that the information provided was fantastic, maybe you could let people know that there is washing up liquid, laundry powder etc. provided in the self catering units and to really emphasis that you need to bring towels.
I know it's hard to include photos of everything but a photo of how great the self catering unit is would be good. thanks for dealing with questions in such a quic (...)
The tapas lunch was lovely and an excellent way to meet up with some of the fellow walkers going on the GR11. Very welcoming and a nice touch. As we were on the GR11 week we didn't attend the normal office hour. However every evening before dinner Hanaa and Bevan went through the route for the following day, handing out maps when required. This worked very well. Have been with Collett's befo (...)
Good reputation and do just what we wanted to get to know walks and to have some independence - We have a property in France and wanted to explore the Pyrenees..and this did just that, giving us some knowledge of the area and a chance to do our own thing too. excellent , mature staff, who worked hard and developed a good understanding of our requirements.
My third walking holiday, been ski ing with the family with colletts out of Arraba many times, the formula is just right, going to Corvara for christmas, we know what to expect and as important don’t have to organise athing
Jack and Alice were old friends from Haus Valentin in February. Their care, patience, constant good humour, friendliness and helpfulness were truly outstanding: it was a great pleasure and reassurance to have them hosting the GR11 walks. The first rate quality of the young staff is always the key to the success of Collett's holidays in my opinion and these two (and I believe the other two) w (...)
User friendly website and easy to navigate. When registering prior to holiday everything worked! Check List was very handy. Printing out the A-Z information at home used a lot of ink! Having found Collett's on the internet, my wife & I were impressed with our entire dealings with the company - from receiving a return call to our initial enquiry on a Saturday afternoon through to easy regist (...)
The GR11 Hike was challenging, as I wanted, and was truly amazing. Joe and Rachel looked after us in a very relaxed way, became part of the team, but did everything needed.
I'll be looking for my next Collett's walk soon
We liked the flexibility of group or non group walks and how many days you could book plus the location. Staff went out of their way to indicate if the trail had any unusual terrain that might make people uncomfortable. Guides were so personable at dinner. So interesting to talk with both at dinner and walks. We only went on one walk on our own. We thought the route could have used some more (...)
The Pyrenees were stunning. Everything was well organised and thought out. The hotels were great. The Colletts staff were wonderful especially Jack. We've already booked another Colletts holiday for next year.
First time I’d used this type of holiday and was not disappointed. Everything ran on rails from start to finish. The walking was spectacular and the views amazing, even in the snow! Accommodation was spot on with great food and comfortable sleeping arrangements.
The maps and route guides made things very easy and still gave you enough latitude to do your own thing at times.
This was our fourth Collett's holiday, and easily equaled our stay in the Dolomites, which I had thought the best walking holiday we'd had. The accommodation and meals were excellent, and the hotel staff were wonderful, even meeting us at our 3am arrival. What really made the difference though were Ric, Mandy, Sam and Caitlin. Although a diverse group they perfectly complemented each other. (...)
We had previously found out about the Dolomites holidays and suggested this type of holiday for our friends who were convening from different countries. Spain was the location of their choice. We and our friends had a great holiday in a spectacular location and we learned a lot about Alpine flora.
We enjoyed interacting with other guests and got to learn their names. On the last day, anothe (...)
A really lovely week in which to celebrate our anniversary. Our second holiday with Collett's and we are currently planning our third. Special thanks to Henry, Becky and Keith for their care and professionalism. Like MacArthur...We shall return !
The four staff at Panticosa were wonderful, and we greatly appreciated their support, advice and hospitality. They are an excellent young team, and a real credit to the organisation. They were great company, but also knowledgeable, caring and sensitive and they worked very hard to make sure the walks were suitable for everyone.
We had an excellent holiday and feel very satisfied with the ex (...)
The four staff at Panticosa are a terrific advertisement for everything that is good about Colletts. Ric, Sam, Caitlin and Amanda were great value - professional, knowledgeable and patient (very important since none of us were in the first flush of youth.) They're a good team and made the holiday that little bit special.
Sam was the perfect host - greeting us and giving us all the information we needed to begin our holiday! All our guides were simply outstanding - with superb social skills, great sense of humour, solicitous for the comfort and well being of every member of the party, and adept at choosing walks suitable for the general ability level of each group of guests.
I would recommend Collett's in a h (...)
Your team in the resort where excellant. They couldn't do enough for us. I didnt take any walking poles but found I needed some. They where happy to lend me theirs for the whole during of my stay. I was very grateful for this. As we didnt have any transport they offered us a lift to the supermarket/spa if we wanted to go. They all made the effort to get to know us and it was a pleasure spend (...)
Although your staff always announce that they are not qualified guides etc the preparation and training your staff receive for the specific area they work in (as opposed to general training most tour leaders receive) is much superior to what I have encountered with other companies offering mountain walking. We chose Collett's because of the combination of guided walks and supported independe (...)
Many thanks for a wonderful trip to the Pyrenees. We only stayed a week, doing hard walks every day, and felt exhausted when we came home. Next year we will try 2 weeks and have a few lazy days in between the hard ones.
I had a great week in the Pyrenees with Colletts. The staff were totally amazing and great company. There were plenty of flowers to be found at each site that had been carefully chosen to provide the enthusiast with different varieties.
Panticosa is fantastic and the Valle de Tena is so beautiful. the welcome at the hotel was warm and office hour was informative and interesting. the staff in the hotel couldn't have been more accommodating and friendly The walks we did were well guided and just super. We would love to come again for longer. One tiny negative about the hotel was that one of our rooms, on the top floor in the (...)
Office hour worked really with with whole family agreing the walk the night before. Everyone then knew what wa expected the next day so everyone got on with it without questioning it. This was a really important aspect to the holiday which we all liked and helped make it such a success. Well done for setting it up that way. We aso liked the chance to meet the other guests that we would walk (...)
The staff in both centres were excellent and were very skilled in making sure everyone was included and all ages were catered for at mealtimes, there company and knowledge was excellent in both resorts,however we would add that the staff in the Picos were outstanding, difficult to put your finger on the reason but they worked very well as a team and provided outstanding hosting skills. we wi (...)
Dear All, I feel that I must email you to say what a wonderful time we had on our holiday last week in Panticosa. The hotel was excellent, the food good and our hosts and their staff ever helpful. Jo, Tom, Sam and Cat were delightful young people and a great credit to you. Nothing was too much trouble and their company was truely enjoyable. Please convey our thanks to the team and wish them (...)
Your staff are superb. Especially Joanna and Sam.who we saw most of. Very knowledgeable, helpful and full of enthusiasm. Your training and choice of staff is first class. I have been on a Colletts holiday in the Dolomites, and I booked my sister and brother in law on a holiday in The French Pyrenees . I visited them there and thought it was lovely. I feel Colletts is an ideal company for peo (...)
We stayed in a family group in Hotel Sabocos in Panticosa. Lovely village, lovely hotel, lovely walks and best of all, Collett's team, Tom, Jo, Cat and Sam: really nice people with great local knowledge. All the other guests we spoke to seemed to be as pleased as we were. The option of organised walks or self-guiding gives plenty of scope, and the loan of maps is very helpful. There is no an (...)
You came up quickly on the website page. Most of all though when I rang you was the excellent quality of your greeting; your knowledge and friendliness. I made my mind up immediately following this conversation. I also want to congratulate you on the quality of your staff in the Pyrenees. Tom, Jo, Sam and Cat were excellent. Friendly, intelligent, humorous and knowledgeable. They made the holiday.
We had a lovely week with an excellent team of Rick, Amanda, Sam and Caitlin. The Collett's team went out of their way to make sure everyone enjoyed their walking and got the most out of the holiday. Their friendly professionalism and sociability really helped. Magnificent scenery and weather thank you!!
We have used Colletts before and have always enjoyed our holidays with you. They are well managed and enjoyable with friendly, professional staff. The team in the Pyrenees were always available to help with anything. Thanks again for a wonderful, memorable holiday.
Just a quick note to say how much I enjoyed my recent holiday with Collett's - the walk organisers Jo, Ollie and Sandy went out of their way to help guests and were fun to walk with. The hotel Sabocos was of a very high standard and the staff there were very accommodating, even serving gazpacho on the last meal! Many thanks for making this week really enjoyable; I will be back.
First holiday of walking and intend to do it again
Our first walking holiday and was concerned we were fit enough Person on phone very helpful. Our four mountain friends were excellent! First holiday of walking and intend to do it again. Flexibility as could arrive and depart when we wanted to... Really enjoyed the company of your young staff and the general camaraderie of the group was great fun
We were greeted at the resort by the Collett's team, who were very friendly and welcoming. Arrangements at Hotel Sabocos were all fine.David led the flower walks really well and he was very enthusiastic and encouraging - nothing seemed too much trouble - Some good friends of ours recommended Collett's to us. We were looking for flower walks and also some moderate to hard walking in the mount (...)
Words cannot fully describe what an amazing time both myself and my wife had with our recent holiday with Collett's.
We loved the mountains, Panticosa, Hotel Sabocos (wonderful team!), The exceptional guides Sandy, Ollie and Jo, the tractor train, the food, the cable car and our marvellous fellow guests/team Mark and Katie from Macclesfield. Many thanks for making this week memorable. We lo (...)
This is one of the best walking holidays I've had, the Pyrenees are a very striking mountain range and not to be missed.
The selection of walking routes were superb and a full day out in the fabulous mountain scenery. On our walks the companions were considerate to everyone's needs and very knowledgeable superb company as well. The office hours really set you up to understand the next days (...)
This is one of the best walking holidays I've had, the Pyrenees are a very striking mountain range a d not to be missed.
The selection of walking route's were superb and a full day out in the fabulous mountain scenery. On our walks the companions were considerate to everyone's needs and very knowledgeable superb company as well. The office hours really set you up to understand the next days (...)
We know that if Collett's have a base somewhere, it will be outstandingly beautiful, with top notch accommodation. Your staff are always very welcoming, extremely enthusiastic and interested in people. By the end of the week, we felt that we were walking with friends. Sam, Amanda and Caitlin were very helpful and were good at encouraging the less adventurous members of our party without maki (...)
We really enjoyed our week in the Hotel Sabocos. Particularly early in the season, with little open in the village and no lifts or public transport, it was good to have such a welcoming base with good meals and the access to walking information in the folders as well as the advice of the Collett's staff.
Thanks for the welcome pack, arriving to find milk, teabags and a teapot was really nice after a long journey. Online handbook was good, really helped us with our walks. The driving map we used was a bit out of date as they have built a motorway and changed some of the signs. Sometimes the walking maps could have done with a few landmarks especially walking across pasture but if you use the (...)
Best food ever. And David (waiter) lovely. The Hotel Sabocos owners incredibly kind. The routes are not as well marked here (vs. Dolomites, for example), so we did not feel as comfortable branching out on our own. The laminates are helpful but one can still take the wrong path - often many - and cairns may have blown over.
Mountains were outstanding, everything we'd hoped for. Other partic (...)
Will, Claire, Clare and Remy all did a great job of describing the routes on offer each day, and how to get to the start, water sources, refreshments etc. It was "beastly" hot and they were great on details of shade vs sun exposure as well.
You have a great bunch of young people! I had met Will and Claire before, but they were all great, interesting to talk to, well informed, pleasant and h (...)
We have been to the two centres in Austria, and the old Arraba centre in the Dolomites in the last few years. Many thanks to the team at Panticosa (Jack, Rachel, Jo and Rebecca) for helping us to have a very enjoyable holiday. Nothing was too much trouble, and Jack was very welcoming even though we arrived at nearly midnight after a delayed fight from Stansted.
Have recently returned from a wonderful 8 days in the Pyrenees with Collett's. The staff are very friendly and welcoming, and the organisation of the walks in those beautiful mountains was exceptional. Not only do they look after everyone and plan each walk well, they also managed to keep everyone amused maintaining great humour throughout some quite arduous walks whilst carrying packs conta (...)
Just a quick note to say how much I enjoyed my recent holiday with Collett's - the walk organisers Jo, Ollie and Sandy went out of their way to help guests and were fun to walk with. The Hotel Sabocos was of a very high standard and the staff there were very accommodating, even serving gazpacho on the last meal! Many thanks for making this week really enjoyable; I will be back.
Outstanding time in the Pyrenees! Our holiday in the Austrian Tyrol with Collett's last year was so successful we wanted to book a different location for a week's walking this year. Apart from the Austrian Tyrol which we visited last year, we have heard other guests speak very highly of the Dolomites as a Collett's destination.
This was our first walking holiday and we couldn't have picked a better destination! The Hotel Sabocos is very comfortable and Panticosa is a great base for walking in the Pyrenees. Jack and the team were extremely welcoming and took the time to answer everyone's questions and make recommendations for hikes suited more to our level. We found some of the walks a bit challenging but the vie (...)
Fabulous holiday. We were able to do a number of proper mountain walks with a real sense of seclusion, altitude and spectacular views. Saw a good variety of flowers and animals despite it being late August, the Pyrenees demand further exploration. The walk leaders were great company and making sure everyone was looked after and entertained!
Thoroughly enjoyed the time spent with the other g (...)
Hotel staff/owners wonderful. Improved English translations of evening menu would help! Tuna in what appeared to be a vegetarian option would not suit a lot of people(personally not a problem). Staff extremely good, knowledgeable and helpful all round except for the following comment: A number of routes had not been walked by any of staff in resort and none of the staff had been there before (...)
The Collett's team were fantastic - very confident, considerate and helpful. A really good flag to be waving for employing your people.
I understand that walking to the slowest pace is important but when some members of the group have another agenda - ie flower spotting, they perhaps needed a bit of chivying along for the sake of the rest of the group.
Just back from a 10 day stay at Hotel Sabocos, Panticosa after our best Collett's holiday yet, having previously been to The Dolomites and Picos. The hotel accommodation, food and staff were excellent, especially David who made dinner times a delight.
The Collett's staff, as always, were brilliant and it was nice to be greeted on arrival by Ric who remembered us from 3 years ago. We did mos (...)
We needed to be warned about a closed road (the round Spain bike race was in the valley) and Rick succeeded in contacting us in time.
We like the flexibility of the holiday dates, the ethos of the company and the way the staff are so enthusiastic, helpful and informative. The Picos de Europa holiday was excellent last year. Friends who recommended Collett's stayed at the Dolomites centre.
We wanted an 'easy' holiday with transfers, hotels and varied walking. We certainly got this and more with great and attentive Collett's staff, a really good hotel and stunning walks in the central, highest part of the Pyrenees. The Colletts staff were excellent with their attention to detail, great humour and calm approach. A really good holiday and many thanks to all concerned.
The week on the GR11 in the Pyrenees was one of the best walking I have had recently. The two leaders - Rick & Caitlin ensured
that everything ran smoothly & that the whole group enjoyed their walking.
A cracking 2 weeks in the Pyrenees staying at the Sabocos Hotel, there is very little that can be faulted. The hotel was very comfortable and well located for all the walks in the region, the staff were friendly and the rooms cleaned daily and the food was excellent,plenty of breakfast to keep us going in the morning and not one duff meal from the 3 courses in the evening which were introduc (...)
Just enjoyed a fabulous week walking the Collett's classics. This is the 2nd time we have holidayed with Collett's (Dolomites in 2018). Great location, lovely hotel and excellent food. No trouble catering for one of our friends (Ray) in the party who was 100% gluten free.
The walking was fabulous and even on the one rainy day Collett's arranged a magical ride up into the mountains on a litt (...)
We both enjoyed an excellent holiday at Panticosa. The hotel was comfortable and the food was excellent. The staff - Rich, Sam, Caitlin, Amanda and Cam - were all welcoming, considerate and great company.
Inevitably, I compared Panticosa with my previous experience at Haus Valentin. As I expected, this area of the Pyrenees does not offer quite the range of walking as the Dolomites. Probably (...)
As ever with a Collett’s holiday the staff were superb and the whole experience was fantastic. Lovely hotel (loved the menu translation each night) and really lovely walking made extra good by the friendly and helpful Cat, Monty, Cam and Abi. Beetroot sandwiches rule!
Fantastic holiday, with some of best high Pyrenees walking one could wish for. Daily walks gave plenty of options for extensions and deviations with detailed local knowledge of conditions, exposure and difficulty. Took the guess work out of route finding and made sure we had a great day on the mountain everyday, getting the very best out of the location.
Just returned from a fantastic stay with Collett's in the Pyrenees. The hotel was brilliant and the hotel staff so helpful, friendly and professional. Panticosa and the Pyrenees is fantastic. We did the self-guided option and the staff at Collett's - Jo, Olly and Sandy - were great hosts and gave us detailed advice which enabled us to do some really dramatic and challenging hikes. They also (...)
1. Ric, Amanda, Sam and Caitlin were extremely friendly and knowledgeable, nothing was too much trouble. On one particular day I was the only client who wanted to do the organised walk, for safety reasons Ric organised Amanda to join us, as three is the minimum number for a walk. I had been prepared to do a walk on my own that day but Ric and Amanda we more than happy to ensure that the (...)
Very good holiday overall.
The walk leaders were very competent, friendly and professional. I couldn't fault them.
We were also very happy with the Hotel Sabocos.
Some of the walks were more strenuous than I had anticipated. I personally would have appreciated a greater choice of walks that were less demanding. Even the easiest of walks seemed to include challenging terrain/steep climbs and (...)
I stayed with you in the Dolomites last year and the hospitality of your "non-guides" was as outstanding as a remembered. Knowledgeable, friendly, accommodating and just always eager to help...but none of it forced. A great combination with excellent non-guides. choice of hotel was also excellent with equally friendly and accommodating staff. Why Collett's? I travelled with you last year and (...)
We were the youngest in the group, 39 and 40. This average age was 50, not that this was a problem - we quite liked this as the company and conversations were entertaining and insightful. As a young couple it gave us something to aim for in life. We did two hikes, I made a video of our first hike https://animoto.com/play/Yl3acRKhyasFJ41MWvOfkw
Bevan, our guide, was great. Kind Regards -Adrian
Arrival Comments: Despite arriving later than expected, we were immediately greeted, shown to our rooms, and invited to join the other guests,(already at dinner) as soon as we were able to do so. Your staff were so friendly and helpful, tailoring our needs to various route possibilities. They are very impressive young people. Entirely comfortable and happy with being "at your own risk", hope (...)
just returned from a great week in the company of Jack, Alice, Bevan and Hanna, all were first class hosts. there wasn't a day we didn't enjoy to the full which included a day driving around the southern area to see the vultures.
highly recommend this as an ideal way of being introduced to the Pyrenees.
make sure Jack finds you the elusive Black Woodpecker, he knows just where to look!
We arrived just after office hour had started. We were met by a staff member, shown to our room, left our cases and immediately proceeded to join office hour. Well under way by then. Routes for next day explained etc. However we did not receive an actual briefing re the hotel amenities and Collett's initial intro. We did ask lots of subsequent questions and did eventually have all the info w (...)
Another fantastic trip with Colletts walking GR11 in The Pyrenees. Our guides were Cam and Beth who were both very professional and informative. The five days walking consisted of hard, long treks but were just what we expected. Both hotels we stayed in were very comfortable and the food was really good. The night in the refuge was also a great experience.
Thanks guys for a most enjoyable week!
We're repeat customers and enjoy the holidays Collett's offer. Office Hour is one of the key strengths of Colletts. It works well and always addresses our needs. Your staff are always excellent, friendly and attentive. They seem to enjoy the work they do and it shows. They take an avid interest in their guests and consequently guests have a fabulous time. Delightful company and a very conviv (...)
The Collett's staff are always delightful young people, efficient, friendly and helpful and who have a genuine love of the mountains, which is transmitted to the guests. In addition to the stunning mountain scenery, the staff are what makes Collett's holidays so special.
We enjoyed the wide open spaces of the Pyrenees and the relative lack of other walkers compared to the Dolomites. Howeve (...)
Thank you yet again - great, enthusiastic and friendly staff
Panticosa - beautiful. Fab view from our appartment
We did 4 great long walks in 5 days - all different, our teenagers enjoyed the zip wire recommendation and a lovely spot reading books by a waterfall - thanks Jack for that
I thought your staff were excellent. We walked with Sam twice and he was entertaining and very knowledgeable on both occasions. His love of Outdoor Pursuits shines through and he made us feel extremely welcome. Jo was of course AWSOME - and Scottish! (She will get that!). Cat and Tom exuded a quiet confidence which meant it was so easy to listen to advice - which was accurate and relevant.
The staff went out of their way to welcome us even though it was their day off (Wednesday). The organisers (Alice, Jack, Hanaa and Bevan) were absolutely brilliant. They made a very special holiday extra special. Best Brochure plus holiday met our needs which were self-catering in the Spanish Pyrenees and to be able to decide whether or not to join in walks (which in the end we did all 7 day (...)
After seeing advert and calling the office I got a good feeling about our holiday in the Pyrenees from the conversation I had with the staff.I was confident I had made the right choice. The holiday was everything I was looking for and so pleased I used Collett's. I must also give great credit and praise for our guides Jo and Tom,both of whom were fantastic and really worked hard to make it a (...)
I very much enjoyed my stay in Panticosa. Rick and his team tried very hard to meet the needs of the whole group (which was very mixed in terms of age, ability and character) and to make everybody feel welcome. The hotel and food were excellent.
What a fantastic first experience with Collett's. Just back from an excellent week walking the High Pyrenees. Cat and her team were great, very professional, choosing the right routes on the right days to take best advantage of the weather. Hotel Sabocos exceeded expectations; very friendly. Being able to relax with a beer at the end of a long walk with new friends in comfortable surroundin (...)
We have walked with Collett's before in the Dolomites and thoroughly enjoyed that holiday and were attracted to the idea of the Collett's GR11 holiday in the Spanish Pyrenees too, as we'd never been there. It was fab!
Value for money? Definitely.
We were particularly taken with the care of us by the staff. On our last day, everyone's flights back to the UK were put back very late to 9pm (R (...)
It was great being welcomed by the staff and shown the hotel. I think it is just fine to make all of us responsible for ourselves. I did have a minor accident–fell and cut a finger–and it was all handled just fine. I was looking for walking holiday in the area and found excellent reviews on the web. Overall, this was a fantastic holiday! Thanks so much for making it happen.
The Colletts staff and the hotel staff were outstanding and made the holiday a great success for us. I would definitely recommend Collett's. I can't say enough good things about the staff. The formula suits us very well, where you can stay with the group or do something quite different (we went horseriding and canyoning while we were there).
Looking forward to coming back again!
As a long standing customer and previous visitor to the Pyrenees, the brochure and website were not important in our planning of the trip. Weather forecasting for the Pyrenees is not the best, but this is not the fault of the staff, they found the most accurate forecasts that they could. Given that the route marking in the Pyrenees is not to the same standard of the Dolomites, we thought the (...)
Really enjoyed walks esp the new walks which Jo and Dan are finding as snow line was low
Have said to Jo she needs to find 6 new Mod/hard walks so we come back next year!!!! et again a really enjoyable holiday. Look forward to next year ???Dolomites or back to Panticosa?