Self-guided Hut to Hut - 7 Nights - Moderate Version
Price – £895 (£950 in Aug)
Season – 26 Jun to 16 Sep
You do the walking – we do the rest!
This is a Dolomites classic in mind-boggling scenery taking in all 4 valleys that terminate at the Sella massif (3152m), a monumental cathedral of rock that dominates the central Dolomites. For the intermediate walker, we have created the perfect mix of our easier and harder versions of the same circumnavigation of this colossal natural plinth.
You will be overwhelmed by the splendour of the Pralongia Plateau, Val di Fassa, Rosengarten group, Alpi de Siusi, Val Gardena, Puez-Odle Natural Park and much more besides. Like the easier route, instead of hut accommodation, you will spend your evenings in hotels or garnis in attractive Tyrolean villages with glorious mountain backdrops. Also, carefully-selected lifts and buses will maximise your time amidst the natural wonders and sheer beauty of these mountains.
On a Collett’s hut to hut holiday, we do all the hard work, so you don’t have to. Our comprehensive route notes and maps keep you nicely on the move from one overnight stop to the next, where well-earned refreshment, replenishment and relaxation await you in beautiful surroundings. A good night’s sleep and a generous breakfast set you up for another magical day. Booking is easy: choose your dates; contact us and we will confirm your holiday asap. Then relax and look forward to it, in the knowledge that every detail is taken care of.
Arrive on the day of your choice between 26 Jun to 16 Sep
3 to 6 hours per day Based on 3kmph – excludes time taken for rests or lunch.
123m to 814m per day
621m to 1088m per day
All Hotel & Hut Bookings half-board (breakfast and dinner included) Holiday Pack with Route Notes, Maps & more… Waterproof route notes and maps sent prior to your departure
Plus packing suggestions and lots more detail Return Airport Transfers
from Venice Marco Polo or Venice Treviso (Private available for a supplement) B&B Accommodation
in Corvara on your first and last night.
What's Not Included:
Flights & Insurance Chairlifts, Cable Cars & Buses – allow approx €65 per person Drinks, Snacks & Packed Lunches
It’s fine to leave unwanted bags or rucksacks with us while you do your Hut to Hut tour.
Free Airport Transfers to Alta Badia from Venice or Treviso Saturdays, Tuesdays & Thursdays only.
Private transfers available on any day for a £100pp supplememt return (min 2 people)
Or arrive in the Alta Badia independently See Other Info tab above
Book With Confidence:
In uncertain times, booking with financial peace of mind is essential – as members of ABTA, our walkers have been doing this for over 23 years. In addition, our booking conditions are now more flexible than ever:
book now and pay your balance only 4 weeks before departure;
if you change your mind you can defer or change your holiday free of charge at any time up to 4 weeks before departure;
refund guarantee – If within 4 weeks of travel the FCDO advise against non-essential travel to your destination or there are restrictions in place in your destination that will significantly affect your holiday, you will be entitled to a refund;
In Corvara & Badia, we believe we are at the heart of the world’s most dramatic and beautiful mountains. Over the years it has been a genuine pleasure to watch the reaction of our guests as they arrive and are awe-struck by their surroundings. The close harmony of startling and monumental rock formations with the enchanting alpine valley landscapes of wildflower-strewn pastures and picturesque Tyrolean villages is as enchanting as it is staggering.
With their explosive shapes and unique colours, the Dolomites are the crown jewels of the Alps. At every turn you are stopped in your tracks by their sheer magnificence. We know you will share our appreciation of this natural splendour. It is a paradise for walkers, flower enthusiasts, artists, photographers, Via Ferrata and alpine enthusiasts or anyone seeking out the tranquillity of an idyllic alpine retreat.
The unspoilt Tyrolean villages bewitch you on a human scale with wooden chalets in a landscape of wildflower-strewn pastures, while the colossal natural monuments, which are the Dolomites, tower above you; castles of rock, which soar to the sky as if frozen in mid-explosion.
The Dolomites lie in Italy’s northernmost region, the Trentino/South Tyrol, which borders Austria and Switzerland to the north. To the south are the alluring historical cities of Venice and Verona. Geologists believe they were heaved up by great movements in the earth’s crust 50 million years ago when Europe and Africa collided. Since then the actions of ice and water have carved them into overwhelming sculptural forms. More recently history has shaped the area. After WWI, the area passed from Austria to Italy. Mussolini failed to Italianise the region and the area now thrives on the harmonious co-existence of the Austrian and Italian cultures in a region where Latin meets Germanic.
Add to these cultures, the influence of a modern mountain-dwelling community with an enlightened, yet conservative approach to tourism and the result is a unique atmosphere of character and charm in a place, where there is lots to see and do.
Our enchanting villages in one of the most idyllic valleys in the Alps
The Alta Badia in the central Dolomites is one of the most beautiful valleys in the Alps, acquiring UNESCO World Heritage status in 2009. The valley wends its way below majestic peaks to Monte Sella (3152m), a glorious and colossal plinth of unique rock formations which loom large over exquisite picture-postcard alpine landscapes. The valley is home to our chalet hotels, luxury hotels and self-catering apartments. We are in the villages of Corvara and Badia, both boasting superb access to numerous walks of all grades, as well as Via Ferrata and a host of locally-supplied alpine activities and places of interest. Whatever you choose to do, you’ll soon be glad you came.
Both Corvara & Badia have stunning backdrops that will absorb you for hours. The west-facing massifs glow rose pink at sunset, as if on fire. This mystical phenomenon is the Enrosadira and it is especially ablaze in September. People gaze in awe from the valleys, which by contrast are a gentle and pastoral tapestry of wildflower meadows, woodland and sleepy hamlets, where the window boxes of old farmhouses overflow with colour.
Don’t agonise whether to stay in Corvara or Badia. The Natural Parks into which you will venture are easily accessed from both villages, which are linked by a riverside track and other woodland trails. Both villages provide a labyrinth of hiking options at all levels, with mesmerising views, profuse flora and fauna, charming woodland and, depending on how high you go, some high level drama that will stay with you forever. This place might be idyllic and enchanting on one level, but if you choose our high level treks, be prepared for jaw-dropping experiences in the rocky reaches of the Puez Odle and Fanes National Parks, both of which spectacularly dominate the Alta Badia.
Corvara is the principal village of the Alta Badia and has two gondolas, one to the Pralongià Plateau at 1980m for easier and moderate walks, the other to the eastern turrets of the Sella at 2152m for dramatic high level walks and some Via Ferrata. It is an unrivalled location for walking holidaymakers, offering a variety of shops – some quite stylish – cafés, restaurants, pizzerias and many sports facilities too, including skating, a swimming lake, climbing wall, golf, tennis, archery etc.
Badia is just down the road, an authentic alpine gem with a chairlift that provides walkers with the most idyllic ascent out of the village over flower meadows to a truly beautiful launchpad for moderate and high level hikes that all unfold under one of alpine Europe’s most dramatic massifs. Badia is not as big as Corvara, but it has all the essential amenities, including a few shops, cafés and bars.
The Route – Today starts with a lift from the village of Corvara which takes you onto the Pralongia Plateau, giving panoramic views of many of the areas’ 3000m peaks. Follow well-trodden and well-marked tracks across the plateau, with numerous rifugios to provide lunch and tea breaks, before descending into the picturesque forests overlooking the Livinallongo Valley, which perfectly frames the huge peak of Monte Civetta at its lower end. Some narrow and, on occasion, steep and exposed paths lead through this quiet section of forest before leading to Arabba, down a 1km section of road which can on occasion be busy – care is required here. Arabba is a very small mountain village which, although now a ski resort, has maintained the charm of a small working village nestled in the mountains.
The Route – From Arabba, a cable car ride takes you up to a saddle below the impressive volcanic ridgeline that is the Portavescovo ridge. The day is spent traversing West along this amazing footpath, rich in WW1 history with tremendous views of both the Sella Massif and the Marmolada. Several peaks can be summited on this day including the rather impressive Sas Da Ciapel. The walking on this day can become rather exposed in places on narrow, rocky footpaths. The viel dal pan route runs adjacent to the ridgeline and offers a more straightforward day of walking whilst still offering tremendous views of the Marmolada. The days walking ends at the Belvedere Cable car, which descends into the town of Canazei.
The Route – A short bus trip (3 mins) followed by a cable car ride to Col Rodella sees you overlooking the Sassolungo group which dominates the view for the next couple of hours. A descent on a wide track leads to the Friedrich August walkers path which traverses and contours for around 10km past Sasso Piatto then along the edge of the Alpe di Siusi, one of the largest areas of alpine meadows in Europe. Throughout the walk you are rewarded with stunning vistas of the Rosengarten group. Some sections of the route may be considered exposed by nervous walkers as the path traverses what is at times a steep hillside, though always on a good, wide path.
The Route – Crossing the Alpe di Siusi gives a day of walking which you will not often find in the Dolomites, endless undulating meadows criss-crossed by a network of paths and tracks, and is scattered with welcoming rifugios which makes finding somewhere for a hearty lunch an easy task – a true walkers paradise. The main difficulty here is making sure you follow the correct route at the many junctions you pass whilst crossing the plateau, though signposting and waymarking are very good throughout. The route, which gives views of the Sassolungo and Puez-Odle Massifs, eventually makes its way to the Ortisei gondola lift, which aids descent into the outskirts of the village. The village is well worth exploring and is well known for its many wood carving shops.
The Route – Start by taking the Seceda gondola lift and cable car from Ortisei to the Puez-Odle Massif. Follow a winding path through high meadows skirting beneath impressive peaks and giving views back over the Sella and Rosengarten Massifs and the Alpe di Siusi. The route then climbs for 1.5km, steeply towards the end, to the Forcella de Sieles from where a short section of scrambling, which is exposed in places, leads across a dramatic bowl and onto the Munt de Puez, which overlooks the Vallunga. Rifugio Puez is situated high on the massif giving commanding views of the valley and Rosengarten Massif beyond.
The Route – A short day sees you descend into Corvara having crossed the Puez-Odle Massif from Rifugio Puez. A number of options allow you to take in either the relatively easily accessible summit of Sas Ciampac – add roughly 2 hours, 350m ascent and descent; or take in the impressive summit of Sassongher, which dominates the village of Corvara – add roughly 3 hours, 665m ascent and descent. The route to and from the summit includes a section of scrambling, assisted by metal cables, which some people may find exposed.
Overnight accommodation – Guesthouse or chalet in Corvara on a B&B basis.
Transfer from Alta Badia – Your transfer time will be confirmed to you in advance of your holiday. It is unlikely to stop before reaching Treviso, or Marco Polo airport. To avoid any necessary delays for yourselves, or other guests on the transfer, please make sure you are ready a few minutes before the scheduled transfer pick-up time. The driver will contact you on the number provided during the booking if there are any delays en route to collect you.
Any Questions? Speak to someone with extensive knowledge of our walks and destinations.
Call 01799 513331 or enquire here or use the messenger service – bottom right.
General & Essential Holiday Information – including Travel
Please read before you book
Terrain – This route uses waymarked and signposted routes only, providing mostly straightforward navigation. The route follows a mix of wide gravel tracks and walkers paths through quiet woodland and beautiful alpine meadows, with some days using the narrower, looser and rockier paths which are found on the higher massifs. Some small sections of the path may be considered exposed by nervous walkers.
Accommodation – the itinerary is based on half-board, en suite accommodation in village guest houses or small hotels, and half-board dormitory-style accommodation in the 2 rifugios – with your first and last night in a Collett’s base in the Alta Badia (Corvara or Badia) on a B&B basis, either in one of our chalet hotels or in a local guest house used by us on a regular basis. Private rooms are available in Rif. Tierser Alpl at a supplement of £20 per person, subject to availability, so please request at the time of booking, not afterwards!
Lunch – packed lunches can be purchased at all accommodations along the trek, except on your first day, when you can buy supplies locally in Corvara before you set off.
Breakfast & Dinner – Breakfasts are generous and usually buffet-style and you will definitely leave the hut feeling refuelled. Dinner is ordered from a set menu, usually with at least 2 choices for each course. Expect hearty and typically local cuisine, ideal for days out on the mountain. For vegetarians and other dietary needs, there will be less choice and variation, but every year it gets better.
Your options are as follows – as always, please contact us if you have any questions. Free Transfers – are available from Venice Marco Polo airport at 1500 every Sat, Tue & Thur. Journey Time – 3hrs. Private transfers are available any day, for a £100pp supplement return (min. 2 people) Arrive independently? – we can provide free parking if you fly-drive or self-drive from home. Rail – Brunico station is our nearest, a 40 minute bus ride from the Alta Badia. Bus – visit Cortina Express for services from Venice to Corvara via Cortina. Homebound Transfers– do not book a flight home that takes off before 11am. We will not get you to the airport in time! (Private transfers can be arrange for any time) Final Day – be prepared for an early start. If someone has a flight home at 11.15am, all transferees will have to leave the Dolomites at 6.15am. Shorter Tours – on our 2, 3 or 4 night tours, airport transfers cost £80 per person return.
Extend your stay? – if you would like to add a few days before or after your Hut to Hut tour as part of a Collett’s centre-based walking holiday in the Dolomites, simply let us know and we can help you arrange this.
Walking Holiday & Travel Insurance – We recommend you buy a good insurance package at the time of booking (or certainly prior to purchasing flights or booking ferries etc.), so that you are covered in the unlikely event of you having to cancel for an ‘insurable’ reason. For more information on Walking Holiday & Travel Insurance – Click here
At Your Own Risk – please read important notes below entitled – At Your Own Risk
You join us on our organised walks at your own risk, responsible for your own safety, as part of an autonomous group, in which each member has a duty of care to each other.
You will be asked to sign a disclaimer in this respect. This is an explanation of the status of our organised itineraries whether they involve walking, snowshoeing or skiing. We refer to such itineraries as organised, not guided. They are available on a basis of goodwill so that you might enjoy an itinerary you might not otherwise discover. They are nothing more than an opportunity to go out in beautiful scenery in company. It is a fact that mountains, mountainous areas and activities undertaken in them are associated with personal injury and death. By coming to such areas, you are exposing yourself and your party to the possibility of personal injury or even death. In such an event, Collett’s will not be held responsible for your interest in mountainous areas and your involvement in mountain pursuits, which can occasionally have tragic consequences.
In these days of litigation it is important you know that every time you (and each member of your party) join us on an organised itinerary you do so at your own risk as part of an autonomous group, in which each member of that group has a duty of care to the other. This is no different from the responsibilities you have on a casually arranged weekend walk with friends or family in the UK. Our hosts all have experience of the mountains, some more than others. Some have qualifications relevant to mountain activities, but they are not qualified mountain guides. We recruit and train our outdoor staff in line with a Health & Safety Policy, which is based on risk assessment and recognised mountain safety procedures.
Not being professionally responsible for you on organised itineraries does not mean we ignore safety, nor does it make us exempt from owing a duty of care to each person who joins us on an organised itinerary. Your safety is paramount and we therefore take our own measures to maximise safety. We do this in line with legal requirements pertaining to duty of care. We apply Codes of Practice to the procedures carried out by our outdoor staff. We assess, manage and communicate risk. We try to make people aware of the importance of mountain safety and to highlight their responsibilities when part of a group.
Our Codes of Practice should not really be taken into consideration by you when deciding to join an organised itinerary, for at the heart of our procedures are basic mountain safety measures, which should be undertaken by every individual when preparing for a day in the mountains. Finally, during your stay you act at your own risk on any ideas, information and opinions you might acquire from our hosts or from material prepared by us to help you get the most from the area. Thank you for your understanding on all of the above.
1. CONTRACT: Please read these booking conditions carefully as they, together with the specific information in your booking confirmation, form an important part of your contract with Collett’s Limited (company number : 03467538 whose registered office is at Market House, 10 Market Walk, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1JZ) trading as Collett’s Mountain Holidays.
2. PRICES: We reserve the right to alter any of our advertised prices. Our prices were set on 31 October 2020, and the reference exchange rate was 1.159 (as published by the Financial Times). You will be advised of the current price of the holiday that you wish to book before your contract is confirmed. All prices quoted are fully inclusive of non-optional charges.
3. SUPPLEMENTS: We reserve the right to apply a supplement to your holiday after you have booked in the event of increases to the costs of supplying your holiday, which might result from changes in the cost of fuel or other power sources, accommodation costs, costs of compliance with local rules and laws, exchange rate fluctuations and/or government action (including changes in any levels of taxation such as VAT). Supplements will not be applied within 20 days of your arrival date.
4. MAKING A BOOKING AND PAYMENT: When you have chosen your accommodation and you make a request to us to book it, you must pay a deposit of £100 (or £150 for our Ski Safari, Camino de Santiago, Kitzbuhel to Cortina, Mountains to the Med, and all Hut to Hut holidays), or if you are booking within 8 weeks of your arrival date the full cost of the booking. Your booking is only confirmed and a contract between us will only exist when a) your party leader has ticked the box on our client portal confirming that they accept our terms and conditions; b) we have received in cleared funds a deposit of £100 or £150 (as appropriate) per person; and c) we have issued our confirmation by email. Please check your confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to us immediately.
5. FINAL BALANCES: If you have paid a deposit, the ‘final balance’ of the cost of your holiday is due 56 days (8 weeks) before departure. If the balance is not received on time, we will remind you that it is overdue. If you then do not pay within 7 days of this reminder we reserve the right to cancel your booking and retain your deposit.
6. INSURANCE: It is essential that you take out adequate and valid insurance, which should include (without limitation) cover against the cost of cancellation by you, assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness, and third party liability for injury and damage. We recommend that your policy is as extensive as our recommended insurance policy, details of which can be found on our website. Insurance premiums in respect of travel insurance purchased from us are non-refundable and non-transferable.
7. BOOKING CHANGES: After our confirmation has been issued, any requests for changes must be sent to us in writing by e-mail or post, by the person that made the booking. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your request but we will try to do so. If you change the number in your party, the accommodation price will be re-calculated. If the party size is reduced, this is likely to mean the remaining members paying more due to under-occupancy.
8. CANCELLATIONS: If you want to cancel your booking, the person who made the booking must send this in writing to us, by email or post. You will be charged a cancellation fee as follows: If you cancel (this is the date on which we receive your written notice of cancellation during the hours of 9am to 5.30pm):
More than 28 days before your arrival date: deposit only; Within 28 days of arrival date: 100% Charges are shown as a percentage of your total holiday cost (including any excursions).
9. YOUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR BOOKING: When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. This means that you are responsible for making all payments due, notifying us if any changes or cancellations are required and for receiving the confirmation and keeping your party informed.
10. OUR LIABILITY, CONDITIONS of CARRIAGE & LIMITATIONS: (a) Our obligations, in providing any accommodation or service included in your holiday, are to take reasonable skill and care to arrange for the provision of such accommodation or services. Therefore, providing we have selected our providers with reasonable care and skill, we will have no liability to you for anything that happens at the accommodation or any acts or omissions of the provider or other service providers. We will also have no liability in the following situations: (i) where the accommodation or services cannot be provided as booked due to circumstances beyond our control or which amount to “force majeure” (including, without limitation, global pandemics, terrorist activity, natural disasters and adverse weather conditions); (ii) where you incur any loss or damage that could not have been foreseen at the time of your booking, based on the information provided by you; (iii) where you incur any loss or damage that relates to any business activity; (iv) where any loss or damage relates to any services which do not form part of our contract with you. (b) Our liability, except in cases involving death, injury or illness, shall be limited to a maximum of 2 times the cost of your holiday with us. We shall have no liability where the cause of the failure to provide, or failure in, your holiday or any death or personal injury you may suffer is not due to any fault on our part or that of our agents or suppliers, because it is either attributable to you, or attributable to someone unconnected with your holiday and is unforeseeable or unavoidable, or is due to unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, or an event which neither we, nor our agents or suppliers could have foreseen or forestalled. We will only accept liability for negligent acts or omissions of our employees, suppliers, sub-contractors, servants or agents providing they were at the time undertaking work authorised by us. (c) Our liability will also be limited: in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to the contractual terms of the companies that provide us with third party services (such as accommodation and transport) and these terms are incorporated into this contract; and by any relevant international conventions which apply to, or govern, any of the accommodation or services included in your holiday with us. Other than as set out above, and as is detailed elsewhere in these booking conditions, we shall have no legal liability whatsoever to you for any loss or damage.
11. ROOM ALLOCATIONS: All accommodation is allocated by us. We will not accept liability for any complaints based on one bedroom being deemed less attractive than another on account of its size, views, character and/or location. The provision of a bedroom with a balcony will only be guaranteed if a balcony is requested verbally at the time of booking by you, then, if available, in writing on the booking form and finally confirmed in writing by us. We reserve the right to change your accommodation, provided the accommodation allocated is of the same or superior category to that originally booked.
12. SPECIAL REQUESTS: Any specific requests by you, such as matters concerning diet or allergies, must be advised to us on the booking form. Whilst endeavouring to fulfil all such requests, we shall not be liable to you if we fail to do so.
13. IF WE CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR BOOKING: We may occasionally have to make changes or cancel your booking and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Changes If we make a major change to your holiday, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure. You will have the choice of accepting the change of accommodation, or you can take any alternative accommodation we are able to offer you (you will pay the increase in cost if the replacement is advertised at a higher price than your original booking, or receive a refund of the difference if it is less expensive), or a refund. These options don’t apply for minor changes. Examples of minor changes include, but are not limited to, change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard, temporary withdrawal of facilities or seasonal unavailability of amenities. Cancellation We will not cancel your travel arrangements less than four weeks before your departure date, except for reasons beyond our control (also known as force majeure) or failure by you to pay the final balance. If your holiday is cancelled you can either have a refund or accept an offer of alternative accommodation of comparable standard from us, if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value). Any amendment or cancellation fees you incur in terms of other arrangements you have made with other providers under separate contracts are not claimable from us. Please note that if a change or cancellation occurs because of circumstances beyond our control, for example as a result of the UK’s decision to leave the European Union, war, riot, industrial dispute, actual or threatened terrorist activity and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, flood, epidemic or pandemic illness and all similar situations we will have no further liability to you. No compensation, costs, damages, losses, expenses or any other sums, including the cost of securing alternative transport or accommodation will be paid by us.
14. BEHAVIOUR: When you book a holiday with us, you accept responsibility for the proper conduct of all members of your party during your stay. We reserve the right at any time to terminate the stay of any party member(s) whose behaviour is such, in our reasonable opinion, as to cause or to be likely to cause danger, upset or distress to anyone else or damage to property. Full cancellation charges will then apply and no refund will be given. Furthermore, we shall be under no obligation whatsoever to pay compensation or meet any costs or expenses (including but not limited to alternative accommodation) you may occur as a result of your stay being terminated. In addition, you agree to fully reimburse any accommodation provider concerned for the cost of any damage you cause to the accommodation in which you are staying before the end of your stay if the cost has been established by then or as soon as it has been established if later. You must also indemnify us for the full amount of any claim (including all legal costs) made against us by the accommodation provider or any third party as a result.
15. FINANCIAL PROTECTION: The monies you pay to us for your holiday are protected by means of an ABTA bond provided by Travel & General Insurance Services Limited. This means that, if in the unlikely event of our insolvency your holiday can’t be provided, you will receive your money back or, if your stay has started, arrangements will be made for you to be able to continue as planned.
16. DATA PROTECTION: Please be assured that we have measures in place to protect the personal booking information held by us. This information will be passed on to the principal and to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements. The information may also be provided to public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them, or as required by law. Our policy can be viewed at www.colletts.co.uk
17. ABTA: We are a Member of ABTA, membership number W6883. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We can also offer you ABTA’s scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. If we can’t resolve your complaint, go to www.abta.com to use ABTA’s simple procedure. Further information on the Code and ABTA’s assistance in resolving disputes can be found on www.abta.com. You can also access the European Commission Online Dispute (ODR) Resolution platform at https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. This ODR platform is a means of notifying us of your complaint; it will not determine how your complaint should be resolved.
18. SKI SAFARI: Your guide, itinerary and accommodation shall be supplied by MSA srl trading as Arabba Holidays, for which Collett’s Limited acts as an agent. Consequently each Ski Safari is neither run nor controlled by Collett’s Limited and we are therefore not responsible/liable for its provision or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by Arabba Holidays. You therefore acknowledge that Collett’s Limited acts as the disclosed agent of Arabba Holidays, and you agree that in the unlikely event that you need to make a claim, you shall make this against Arabba Holidays, and not Collett’s Limited.
19. CONDITIONS OF SUPPLIERS : Many of the services which make up your holiday are provided by independent suppliers. This is particularly relevant to all our “Point to Point” holidays where your transport (unless provided by us), accommodation and food will be supplied by third parties (whose identities are available at www.colletts.co.uk/thirdparties) and for whom Collett’s Limited acts as an agent. You therefore acknowledge that Collett’s Limited acts as the disclosed agent of these third party suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions which will form part of your contract with us. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier’s liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from us or the supplier concerned.
20. LIFT CLOSURES: We will not be held responsible for the closure of lifts during the winter season for any reason. In the event of lack of snow, we cannot be held liable, but will endeavour to make mutually suitable arrangements, and these may incur additional costs to you.
21. EXCURSIONS: Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your package holiday or contracted arrangements provided by us. All excursions are supplied by third party suppliers and are subject to their own terms and conditions. They do not form part of your holiday and are not governed by the Package Travel, Package Holiday and Package Tours Regulations 1992. For any excursion or other tour that you book, your contract will be with the operator of the excursion or tour and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the excursion or tour or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.
22. DELAYED TRAVEL: Collett’s can take no responsibility for repercussions concerning delayed flights or other travel arrangements. If your flight, bus or train is delayed, your allocated transfer will wait for up to 60 minutes – but no longer. We cannot wait any longer because our drivers are on time limits. So, if the delay exceeds 60 minutes, we either (1) allocate you to a later Collett’s transfer free of charge subject to seats being available or (2) in the event of there not being a later transfer, we will endeavour to book you a taxi transfer, although this will be at your expense. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding in the event of your transfer being delayed due to the delayed flight of other guests.
23. PASSPORT, VISA & IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS : Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
24. ACCURACY: (i) We make every effort to give accurate information on our website but cannot be liable to you in the event of changes, which occur after information has been published on the website; and (ii) Any view expressed on the website is the personal view of a member of our staff. Whilst our staff will express personal opinions based on first-hand knowledge of the resort, the final choice of holiday remains yours. We will not accept responsibility for any verbal statement made by a member of our staff unless it is confirmed in writing prior to the start date of your holiday with us.
25. COMPLAINTS: In the unlikely event of any dissatisfaction with the accommodation or any of the services provided during your holiday, the matter must be reported immediately to our resort manager who will endeavour to put things right. You should also try to find a solution whilst you’re on holiday. Unless the opportunity for rectification of complaints is given to our resort manager whilst you are in the resort, we will not accept responsibility at a later date. We will not accept liability for complaints unless a complaint form has been obtained from the resort manager by you, and then completed and signed by both you and the resort manager. If we are unable to resolve the complaint satisfactorily during your stay, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to Tom Collett at 3a Market Hill, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1HQ giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. We will not accept liability for complaints made outside this period. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. If you fail to follow the requirement to report your complaint in resort we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify it and this may affect your rights under this booking. Please also see clause 17 above on ABTA.
26. DISPUTES: Any dispute or claim arising out of this contract that can’t be settled between us can be referred by you to ABTA’s dispute resolution (see clause 17) or court.
27. JURISDICTION: You agree that the courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction and that English law shall apply.
29. WEBSITE DISCLAIMER:The information contained on www.colletts.co.uk (‘our website’) is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Collett’s Mountain Holidays and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to our website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on our website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of our website. Through our website you are able to link to other websites which are not under our control. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep our website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, our website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Any Questions? Speak to someone with extensive knowledge of our walks and destinations.
Call 01799 513331 or enquire here or use the messenger service – bottom right.
Supplementary Travel Information...
Other Hut to Hut Treks in the Dolomites
7 Night Self-guided treks – plus some shorter options
Here is a list of all our Hut to Hut tours in the Dolomites.
June, July, late August & September represent the quieter periods. Contact us with your chosen route and dates, and we’ll do the rest. Once confirmed, you can then book your travel, relax and look forward to your holiday. The earlier you book, the quicker we can confirm!
Grand Tour of the Alta Badia – Moderate/Hard– £895
A complete and dramatic circuit of the Alta Badia, taking in the peaks and trails of the Puez Odle and Fanes Natural Parks and incorporating the tunnels of Lagazuoi and much more besides.
Tre Cime, Cortina & Ampezzo Dolomites – Hard– £895
This challenging route rewards you with awe-inspiring views of some true Dolomites classics, notably the staggering north faces of the celebrated Tre Cime and the iconic Lago Sorapis.
Cortina & the Northern Dolomites – Hard– £895
Wild, adventurous and spectacular, this tour takes in Cinque Torre, the Tofana group, a night in Cortina, the Fanes-Sennes-Braies Natural Park, part of the renowned Alta Via and home via the Fanes massif.
Any Questions? Speak to someone with extensive knowledge of our walks and destinations.
Call 01799 513331 or enquire here or use the messenger service – bottom right.
Central Dolomites & Sella Grand Tour – Moderate
October 7, 2019
A Happy Return to Haus Valentin
The fact that I keep coming back to Haus Valentin shows how much I enjoy my holidays there.
Because it is a relatively small family run guesthouse there is a feeling of intimacy and friendliness that would not be possible in a hotel. The food is excellent and necessarily plentiful for hungry walkers.
Excellent - we had a great time and so appreciated the care and attention of the staff and the great information for our hiking. Collett's have a variety of options for hiking daily and knowledge of the area!
We stayed in both a hosted chalet in Badia before our hut to hut and in a hotel following in Corvara - the above rating apply (Read more...)
Thank you for a great holiday. The transfer from the airport was friendly and efficient, enabling four strangers to bond immediately and form a friendship grouping that lasted the whole week. A great welcome at the bar - such friendly staff and a much appreciated complimentary beer. The walks were all very well organised and led, wit(Read more...)
This is my second visit to Collett’s in Italy. First time with the missis, second with my mate, both times I’ve had a great time. The staff are always helpful, there is a joint interest with all the customers so there’s very much a family type atmosphere, the food and accommodation has been great and the office hour is great for hints(Read more...)
This was our second year at Pension Angelo and once again we throughly enjoyed ourselves. It is stunning area with plenty of varied routes. This year we didn't do Colletts-arranged scheduled walks but organised the days ourselves. Nevertheless the team were very helpful in advising us and helping us sort out our days. We can't praise (Read more...)
Friendly and helpful staff when first called. Reasonable prices and good/flexible walking itinerary. Receieved a very warm and friendly welcome from a great group of Collett's staff - very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We had a very enjoyable holiday. Your staff at in Corvara were excellent
We enjoyed our holiday thank you. The social aspects of our holiday were unexpectedly good.
We met a wide variety of very nice people in both Haus Valentin and Chalet Angelo and the communal tables (and plenty of wine) made for very convivial evenings.
We love the dedication by all your staff helping us through the detail of walks and alternatives. Huge thank you Max, Adele, Henry, Helen, Ben, Kate. Thank you everyone - just fab, so friendly and dedicated.
Our 2nd holiday with you, so good last time! Keep up the great work!
Googled walking holidays and found you! The great thing about this holiday was it enabled us to do more challenging walks than we would have done if we had been organising walks ourselves and this was extremely enjoyable and satisfying. Very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff, and stunning scenery.
We joined a hiking group in Victoria, BC, Canada early in 2019. Twice heard folks on the trail talking about Collett's in very positive terms. The second time the people were talking about how they were going to the Dolomites walking with Collett's. The style of the tour, with the choice of going on walks or on our own, with office ho(Read more...)
We would especially like to thank the guides and Ali and Alex who were organizing all details from Haus Valentin. Each one of the guides was friendly, fun, knowledgeable, and amazingly talented. Their experience in the mountains and with the local culture made the trip and each hike a success.
Collett's Mountain Holidays gave the int(Read more...)
Once again we have had a great holiday in the Dolomites staying At Chalet Angelo. You really have a great team all of whom go out of their way to ensure each person has a great holiday. The food was outstanding and office hour a great oportunity to meet other guests. With a great range of walks on offer I took advantage and walked alm(Read more...)
Me and my two sons had the best five days ever in the Dolomites, The organization was spot on , punctual and helpful. We stayed at Chalet Roch in Corvara , very clean and comfortable. The only thing we missed was the tea/ coffee making facilities in the room, that would have been great after a long wet walk! That’s only a minor point(Read more...)
We booked a 2 night, 3 day 'difficult' hut-to-hut trek with Collett's and had a great time. The whole trip was well orgnaised and we loved the rifugios. Materials (maps, FAQs, etc) were provided well in advance.
Everything about my Collett's holiday was incredible... from the service level I got when booking my trip by phone, to the quality of the chalet and food, and most of all the people who work there... who were all utterly fantastic.
I was recommended to Collett's by another hiking company, who said they are the best... and best-priced(Read more...)
We had a fantastic week with Collett’s in Chalet Angelo. The staff were really helpful (Max in particular) and the food was super (Tom). The accommodation was lovely and the views across the valley from the balcony each evening were amazing.
We had great weather and managed to get out and climb 5 via ferrata during our week, including(Read more...)
I was part of a group of a recent 10 day walking holiday in Corvara. Via Ferrata was a "taster" for me and a thrilling experience. I would thoroughly recommend this holiday:)
The weather was great in August 2019. Collett's staff were excellent. They were very friendly, mature, experienced and well-equipped with people's & communicatio(Read more...)
This was an excellent trip and coming back to work has been really tough this week however we do have several hundred pictures to edit and look back on! Everything went really smoothly your maps were clear and the Rifugios excellent although as a non meat eater I may well have consumed my body weight in cheese in various forms! Thanks(Read more...)
Office Hour is a great idea - informative and fun. The most amazing thing about Collett's is what a remarkable group of truly exceptional young people you employ. They couldn't have been more friendly, helpful or obliging, and they were intelligent and fun as well.
Another brilliant Collett's Walking Holiday - we have done skiing several times and this is our second walking holiday.
The package hasn't changed over the 18 years we have been customers. There is NO selling of 'extras' in resort unlike other operators.
The operation is slick
The OUTSTANDING feature is the young people (and one or (Read more...)
The level of information provide before booking was outstanding and it was clear that the company really knew what it was doing. As the only vegetarian staying at the Chalet I was very well catered for by the chefs who provided some lovely vegetarian alternatives for me.
Amazing views, amazing walks, amazing team (Tom, Max, Becky, Alex, John, Caroline, Ali and everyone else involved were awesome). From the moment I arrived to the moment I left the team made me feel so at home and loved it (best holiday I have had in a very long time) nothing was too much trouble and even after very long days the guys were brill...
This was our second holiday with Collett's to Corvara. This time there were 3 generations of our family. The booking system was easy and we sought advice from your office in helping to decide what accommodation would suit us best. The youngest at 8 and 3 enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere in the chalet. We gave feedback on the activities(Read more...)